Creative Technologist + Full-Stack Developer
Hello! I am a creative technologist, conceptual strategist, and full-stack developer. Born in Buenos Aires, I was schooled in the U.S. in both programming and design. For almost 20 years, I've studied the integration of business, design, and technology as a process architect, systems consultant, interaction specialist, and web application developer/programmer.
My objective here is to help you find your way around any web development project. I excel at asking the right questions and translating your ideas into tools that do the work for you. My philosophy is "Run your business, don't let it run you."
I build modern, Enterprise-grade web applications and data processing pipelines. Custom eCommerce solutions, customer relation systems, authentication / access systems, inventory management systems, custom APIs and frameworks ... any kind of data, any scale, any type of interaction. I can build your Crate & Barrel / Facebook / Youtube, and help it scale and evolve as needed.
From concept to completion, I provide the full spectrum of services at every layer of web development. This includes project planning, prototyping, design and front-end development, back-end development, A/B testing, QA, performance testing, and server deployment. For many years, I directed the web division in a prestigious ad agency, taking lead on web campaigns for Fortune 500 companies including Amazon, Citibank, and Mitsubishi. I've travelled the globe, pursuing inspiration and interesting projects. I've worked with corporations, agencies, governments and non-profits alike. But I most enjoy engaging one-on-one with small businesses and startups.
I can work independently to translate your idea into digital form, creating solutions that serve your needs for years to come. For faster deployment, I can help you build and manage a team here on Upwork. And if you already have a great team, I am plug-and-play friendly, and can be counted on to do my part towards the collective goal. When working in larger teams (7+), I tend to serve best as either team leader, spec consultant, or back-end architect. I have an insatiably curious and capable mind that works magic wherever its lens is focused, solving your most complex problems.
The majority of the solutions I spec utilize HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, PHP5, and MySQL on a cloud hosted server running Apache (with or without cPanel) on SSD drives. For very high-volume builds, I'm also fond of Redis + nginx. I won't touch ASP/.Net under any circumstances. I'm comfortable with Ruby on Rails, Perl, Python, and C/C++, but for most web applications, I prefer PHP. It "gets out of the way", imposing fewer obstacles.
I produce clean, elegant, resilient, reusable, well commented, water-tight code, classes, libraries and applications that work seamlessly on all browsers. I am an efficiency and performance optimization fetishist, and am both detail and big-picture oriented. I man-handle every algorithm and function, tweaking the application engine until it purrs like a BMW S70/2.
I've studied and worked with many popular development frameworks (including RoR, CakePHP, Symfony, Laravel, Qcodo, CodeIgniter). For many projects, they are overkill, adding unnecessary bloat and complexity. When appropriate, I'll suggest and demonstrate the benefit of utilizing one of my own optimized frameworks. But I will always recommend the best tool for the job.
I have a metric ton of experience with ...
* design patterns + principles (MVC, DAMP + DRY coding, SoC)
* version control (Git, SVN)
* graceful + intuitive UI / UX (responsive design, AJAX, bespoke CMS, Photoshop, Illustrator)
* SEO / "friendly URLs" / analytics
* SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, PDO, topology + schema design, optimization, indexing, locking)
* NoSQL (Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis)
* staging + deployment infrastructures (DNS, hosting)
* security (SSL, encryption, authentication, session protection, firewalls)
* mission-critical backup + redundancy
* caching (server + browser side)
* load / performance / QA / penetration testing
* thread / process optimization
* email pipeline (custom email parsing / mailinglist / CRM libraries)
* realtime image / video / data processing (GD, FFmpeg, Apache Spark)
* CDN (CacheFly, Amazon Cloudfront, MaxCDN, CloudFlare)
* payment gateways (Bitcoin, PayPal, credit cards APIs)
* shipping integration (geolocation, label printing, tracking)
* embedded systems (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, RFID, YubiKey)
Since I'm new to Upwork, and having chosen to freelance here full-time, I am committed to building and maintaining a 5-star reputation. I will devote myself to ensuring the success of your project and your 100% satisfaction. I've personally spent tens of thousands outsourcing here as a client, so I understand what's expected. You will profit (in every sense) from my knowledge, integrity, persistence, and transparency.