10+ years of Web Design & Development, Web Apps, E-Commerce, UI, UX
Last active: 1 month ago
Over the last 10 years, I have worked on more than 150 websites, a dozen of web applications, and several small projects for clients from across the globe and from more than 25 types of verticals & industries. I have been involved with starting up and managing two small companies, with a service line dedicated to web. I am very passionate about a beautiful & informative web-sphere and I have experience with all aspects of a web project, such as: analyze and translate customer requirements & business problems, communicate solution strategy, architect tailor-made solutions, design interfaces, front and server side programming, and implement & look through the life-cycle.
Almost a decade of experience conceptualizing, designing and programming the Web. I have first-hand and extensive work experience with - designing user interface & layouts, user experience, designing and developing websites from the scratch, front-end scripting, server side and database programming, design and development of web applications, website quality and performance, and working on web-based products. As it is, I have a keen interest in design, information architecture, usability, user experience, and new media & technology. In terms of tools and technologies,
Work Portfolio: http://bayard.dreamworkers.in/work
Tools, Technologies, and Techniques:-
• Classic ASP 3.0, VBScript. SQL, MS SQL Server, MS Access, RDBMS. Database optimization & management. MS Visual Studio 2008. Web servers & publishing: IIS 6.0 & 7.x on Win 2000/03/07 Server, XP/7; Microsoft WebMatrix, PWS. SSL, DNS, SMTP, CDN.
• Adobe’s Photoshop, DreamWeaver, and Illustrator. Third-party apps, eg, ProductCart, WordPress, Comersus, Forest Blog, JForum, OpenWiki, cPanel,ckEditor, SmarterMail, MAS200, etc. Related plugins, themes & performance.
• Google APIs, Maps, Social APIs (FBML, Twitter, Google+), Social sharing APIs (AddThis, ShareThis), Sitemaps, Webmaster tools (Google & Bing), Google Analytics, AdSense, Page Speed tools, Performance optimization tools, HTML/CSS/JS/IMG compression & optimization tools, Online payment APIs (Paypal, Authorize.net, ccAvenue, USAePay & others), ebay/amazon APIs.
• Handy with YUI, MooTools, Bootstrap, Modernizer, Boilerplate, YQL, Prototype, Yahoo Pipes, Backbone.js, PHP, Flash, Fonts, Fireworks, SASS, MySQL, .Net 3.0, Apache, CorelDraw, Acrobat Pro, PageMaker, PDF Merger, Telerik, & so on.
• Responsive layout design, Mobile web, W3C specifications, DOM compatibility, Cross browser compatibility, PSD to HTML, Semantic design, Front-end troubleshooting, Debugging, Website speed & performance, Website optimizations, Usability. SEO/SMO/SMM
• User interface (UI) & user experience (UX).
• Designing websites & web applications – wireframe, layout, prototype, graphics, and interactive media.
• Identity & branding, Logo ideas and design.
• Front-end – plan, design, code, optimize, mobile web, troubleshoot, debug.
• Development of websites & Web apps. Server side & database programming.
• Web-based Products - concept, architecture, design, development, and management.
• Website re-design, re-engineering, reverse engineering, usability, and maintenance.
• CMS (custom content management systems - turnkey & custom), E-Commerce, community websites, social apps, social websites, Website management apps, Web 2.0, portals, social media, mobile web, e-learning, directories, CRM.
• Internet marketing, SMM, SEO, SMO. Monitoring & optimizing websites for search engines/social media.
• Consultancy for Web/dotcoms, e-commerce, and web presence for startups.
• Website quality & performance.
Industries served to:
academics, automobile, aviation, individuals, business association, commerce/economy, community, consumer products, culture, entertainment, environment, events, food and beverages, government, healthcare, history & archeology, independent cinema, legal, literature, manufacturing, merchant, non-profit, pharmaceuticals, realty, religion, retail, SaaS, software, services, spirituality, travel/hospitality.
Trellis (CMS, currently in v5), E-Commerce, Picstack, Design Your Room, DreamSocial Pro, Content Management System, OnTarget, Web Application Suite, E-blast, SecureXchanger, Standalone Blog app, Product catalog.