English/French/Portuguese into Spanish Professional Translator
Last active: 09/02/2014
Qualified multi-skilled and reliable French / English / Portuguese > Spanish Freelance translator with a proven ability to translate from a source language to a target language, to meet deadlines and to ‘think outside the box’. Enthusiastic, quick learner, organised, communicative and team player.
CV, references and portfolio available upon request.
Professional EN/FR/PT>ES Translator and Interpreter since 2010. I have 4 years of experience and I am constantly learning and improving my skills.
I am a qualified professional Spanish translator, localiser and editor within the IT, Technical, Travel & Tourism, Marketing, Legal and Sworn translation fields, providing a variety of services from English, French and Portuguese into Spanish.
Sworn Translator since 2013 and currently specialising with an MA in Translation and New Technologies.
What do I offer?
* Software & Web localisation
* Sworn FR-ES Translation
* Proofreading & Editing
* Project Management
I strongly believe in communication and successful expansion to foreign markets, and this is why I am really passionate about my job.
I am here not only to translate your project, but also to exchange ideas, to create new visions and to advise and assist you with all your translation needs. I will gladly guide you and work with you along the way.
- Experience in different areas of expertise such as software and web localisation, marketing, legal, technical, travel & tourism, sworn, IT and multimedia translations;
- using Translation Memory software - such as Wordfast and SDL Trados Studio 2011 to ensure consistency of translation within documents and aid efficiency;
- using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for terminology and words used;
- liaising with clients to discuss any unclear points;
- proofreading and editing final translated versions;
- retaining and developing specialist knowledge on specialist areas of translation;
- blog editing;
- desktop publishing;
- project management.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- MA in Translation and New Technologies: Translation of Software and Multimedia Products.
- Degree in Translation and Interpreting (FR,EN>ES) - University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
- Sworn Translator-Interpreter (French) appointed by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation.
ENGLISH: High - Cambridge International A-level qualification + degree in Translation and Interpreting.
FRENCH: High - Cambridge International AS-level qualification + degree in Translation and Interpreting.
PORTUGUESE: Intermediate level.
- Operating Systems: Windows/Mac
- Office (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access)
- Translation software: SDL Trados, Passolo, Multiterm, WordFast, OmegaT
- Adobe Photoshop CS6
"Translation is not a matter of words only; it is a matter of making intelligible a whole culture."
- Anthony Burgess