Senior Ruby on Rails and Mobile Developer
With more than 10 years in software development, I possess solid technical knowledge and skills as well as client-oriented viewpoint, "quality-driven" mindset to deliver satisfactory applications.
My tech strengths include Ruby on Rails with responsive design and single-page application technologies; and iOS development skills. Also, I believe I can bring even more value to my clients by taking all steps in the software development process, from analyzing requirements to implementing and distributing to users, making me a full-stack developer.
My main skills and most-used techniques:
- Ruby on Rails frameworks and web development's related techniques
- iOS application development
- API development and integration
- Strong problem solving skill
- Architecture design, Database design
- Infrastructure design and implementation on cloud systems
- Ruby on Rails knowledge and skill at expert level with more than 5 years from Rails 2 to Rails 4, from Ruby 1.8 to Ruby 2.3
- Deep knowledge and rich experience in implementing responsive web applications with Twitter Bootstrap and Zurb Foundation
- Use and customize popular gems, such as: Devise, CanCan, Paperclip, Carrierwave, Kaminari, DelayedJob, Sidekiq, etc.
- Expertise in online payment domain, both regular and recurring payment with Stripe, Paypal, Authorize.net, Braintree
- Design and implement REST APIs
- Integrate with external services via APIs, such as: Google, Facebook, Active Campaign, etc.
- Strong knowledge of DBMS with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Extensive experience in unit testing, TDD with Rspec and Cucumber
- Design infrastructure based on application and potential users with most reasonable Price/Performance metrics
- Set up systems on cloud environments: Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Digital Ocean, Linode
- Automate all deployment steps with Mina, Capistrano, Docker
- Troubleshoot system failures, optimize system, monitor and maintain systems
- Expertise in iOS application development with both Objective-C and Swift languages
- Familiar with working with REST APIs, Parse.com, and CloudKit as the back-end
- Integrate iOS application with external services via APIs: Google, Facebook, Intercom, etc.
- Implement payment features with Stripe, Authorize.net, Apple In-App Purchases for both recurring and regular payment systems
- Build maps-based applications with Google Maps SDK, MapKit, Mapbox (for offline maps)
- Debug and optimize iOS applications
- Distribute applications for testing via Fabric, HockeyApp, Diawi, Testflight
- Build applications for submission to App Store