Networking Software Architect
Last active: 10/04/2014
• About 13 years of hands-on experience as a software developer, technical leader & an architect and past 6 years in techno-managerial role.
• Experience on various Operating Systems (Linux, VxWorks/RTOS, Windows etc…), programming languages (C, C++, Java, JNI), design paradigms (functional & OOD) and S/W development methodologies (Waterfall & Agile).
• Development experience at various layers of S/W stack - low level kernel/system programming (boot-loader,device drivers, platform software), embedded software/firmware, C/Unix applications, JVM, 3 tier applications (web/App/DB), multi-process & multi-threaded applications and the distributed applications.
• Experience across a wide range of technologies - L1 (SONET/SDH/T3 etc), L2 (ATM, Ethernet), TCP-IP suit, HTTP/FTP/SIP…, Deep Packet Inspection, Content Filtering, L4-L7 Proxies(viz TCP, SSL, HTTP), SSL, Security, XML parsers, XML Cryptography, 3-tier Applications, Web Services
• Conversant with mobile technology - MPC/EPC, 3G/4G, GGSN/PGW, Subscriber Aware Policy Enforcement, PCC/PCEF, Gx, Gy, Gz Interfaces.
Major Software Developed:-
1. Inline Content Filtering/URL-Filtering for GGSN/PGW, Transparent TCP-Proxy
2. Protocol Parsers - IP,TCP,HTTP, FTP, for a Network Analysis Module
3. SSL Proxy to front-end multiple servers and certificate management for the same. Interface with Java Application (via JNI). XML Parsing, xpath, xml crypto
4. Linux platform s/w development - configure, modify, compile, boot, start-up services, application launch, monitoring
5. Implementation of channelized interfaces (SONET/SDH/T3/E3/T1/E1) - Heavily uses OO concepts in C++ and runs on VxWorks RTOS.
6. Implementation of ATM features - QOS, policing, traffic shaping, AAL5 Driver, Soft PVC, Redundancy & High Availability
7. Device drivers for many operating systems (Windows NT, Windows 98, Novel Netware, SunOS, Solaris, Linux flavors) for network interfaces (Ethernet, ATM, LANE, CIP over ATM), PCI-RAID