Electrical and Electronic Engineer
Last active: 9 days ago
The University of Manchester, UK (2011-2014)
BEng (Hons) Electrical and Electronic Engineering (awarded First Class Honours)
• Mathematics 2E1 – 94%, Circuit Analysis – 91%, Electronic Materials - 88%, Java Programming – 88%, Computer Systems Architecture – 87%.
• Third Year Individual Project (First Class – 73%) involving manufacture of Schottky diodes and TFTs made of transparent, bendable semiconductors (IGZO), measuring and reducing their electrical noise and researching into their uses in modern electronic display panels, clear interactive surfaces and UHF receivers.
• Worked in a team on the Embedded Systems Project in Second Year as Group Manager and also in charge of sensors and electric circuit design for an autonomous buggy required to navigate a track, up and down a slope and come to a controlled stop.
• Programmed the PIC18F8722 using Assembly language and C in MPLAB and had hands-on experience in electrical and mechanical fabrication of the microcontroller.
• Extensive experience in regularly working in groups to carry out laboratory experiments and first-hand understanding of the operations of equipment such as oscilloscopes, function generators and electronic components, topped off by excellent instructor feedback and laboratory marks.
• Developed the understanding of and used the NI myDAQ to create an equivalent circuit model of Angry Birds. Applied LabVIEW to design a virtual oscilloscope and MultiSim to simulate electronic circuits.
(June 2010 – June 2015) Freelance Tutor
• Assisted high-school, O Level, A Level and University students through face-to-face lessons and online Skype sessions.
• Designed crash-courses that helped students notably improve their grades and comfortably pass re-sits.
• Emphasized on interactive learning through multimedia to promote interest and understanding.
(September 2013 – June 2014) Manchester Leadership Programme Volunteer
• Raising money for Manchester RAG (Raise-And-Give) and Fallowfield FoodShare charity schemes.
• Leading groups for “greenifying” communal surroundings by transforming unused land through planting trees and plants, enhancing my environmental awareness, group co-ordination skills and ability to distribute work among a team.
(November 2012 – June 2013) Kiosk Assistant at Manchester United Football Club
• Working in teams of other assistants led by a Team Leader in serving customers on Match Days, boosting personal teamwork and communication abilities within time constraints for the efficient functioning and maintenance of the kiosk and keeping satisfied customers.
• Dealing with on-the-spot issues and problems which developed my ability to calmly handle difficult situations and finding appropriate solutions.
(October 2012 – June 2014) Volunteer at The University of Manchester Bangladesh Students Society
• Organizing monthly events to raise funds for charity, helping the society to achieve and maintain the prestige of being the Society of the Year at the University.
• Taking the role of the host at major society events, building confidence in speaking in front of a large audience and building rapport with them.
• Awarded the Manchester Leadership Program Bronze Award for recognized volunteering.
• Awarded a full-free scholarship at East West University by coming 1st in the Fall 2010 Admission Test.
• The Daily Star Award for A Levels (CIE) for outstanding academic achievement.
• Awarded The Duke of Edinburgh Bronze Award. Group Leader of winning group.
• Ambassador for the Nokia Symbian Series 60 Development Platform and won Nokia Series 60 complimentary franchise for outlining Skype integration in Symbian phones in 2008.
• Completed the Basic Photography Course at Alliance-Francaise Institute which tested and enhanced my attention to detail.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION
• Achieved grade ‘A’ in O Level (CIE) English Language and grade 8.5 in IELTS (2015).
COMPUTER, IT & PROGRAMMING
• Skilled at using the MS Windows series of operating systems and MS Office.
• Beginner programming skills at Java, C, Assembly language and NI LabVIEW.
• Learned and worked with MATLAB, VHDL in Xilinx as part of 2nd Year modules.
• Particular passion for mobile phones, mobile operating systems and application development for Android and Windows Phone.
• I have my own blog, where I write technology, movie, and book reviews (http://noisereductionhq.wordpress.com/) and am an active follower of online technology websites and blogs like Engadget, GSMarena and watch BBC Click and Top Gear.