Perl programmer and API integration specialist
Last active: 11/26/2014
Experienced programmer and developer specializing in API integration, web backends, file conversion, text and image processing, and desktop utilities. 18 years working in IT and publishing. Excellent communication skills. Deep understanding of complex data structures and algorithms.
- Expert knowledge of API data formats and communication protocols: XML, JSON, Atom, HTTP, OAuth, REST, SOAP.
- Ability to quickly comprehend API documentation.
- Author of concise, well documented code that is secure, robust, modular and expandable.
- Designer of functional and efficient web-based interfaces.
- Programmatically read, write and manipulate many common file formats, converting from one to the other: Excel, PDF, bitmap and vector images, HTML, XML, SVG, Illustrator, shapefiles, email message formats.
Text and Image Processing
- Tools to parse and analyze text: stemming, inflection, n-grams, categorize, summarize, search indexing.
- Tools to manipulate images: crop, resize, scale, reduce file size, montage, animate.
- All of the above as simple to use, one click desktop applications.