Linux Admin / Networking / VoIP / Scripting / Web development
Non-comprehensive list of GNU/Linux skills:
- Debian-based distros
- bash scripting
- TCP/IP (networking)
- netfilter/iptables (firewalling)
- OpenVPN (virtual private networks)
- OpenSSL (certificate management)
- apache/nginx (web services)
- cron (scheduling)
- dovecot IMAP/POP3 and postfix SMTP (email)
- asterisk PBX (voice over IP)
- git (revision control)
- syslog (advanced logging)
- nagios, icinga, munin, monit (monitoring)
- backuppc (backup)
Non-comprehensive list of network management skills:
- solid understanding of TCP/IP & Ethernet
- monitoring tools
- VLAN management
- manageable switches in general
- IGMP & IGMP snooping
- OSPF & BGP routing protocols
- GePON OLT & ONU equipment
Solid understanding of communication and web technologies is my primary area of interest and expertise. Over the last 7 years I've been a tech support for an ISP, a systems & network administrator and a web developer.
As a network administrator for 2 years, I discovered what it means to maintain a large-scale MAN (Metropolitan Area Network), including internet access, setting up and managing IPTV streaming through IGMP and IGMP snooping techniques. I've setup BGP so the provider can have a backup route for his services. I'm falimiar with the nature of the technical issues that can occur and the different ways of handling and preventing them. I'm experienced in ethernet & GePON networking equipment. I've managed network equipment from most major vendors, Cisco, HP, DLink, Dell and Fundry, just to name a few.
I've been working with Debian GNU/Linux professionally for 2 years as a systems administrator for a Bulgarian tourist resort and 2 years maintenance the services infrastructure (web, mail, vpn, samba, domain management, monitoring, ticket resolution systems, asterisk voip).
I worked at a web development company for a year, doing back-end web development with different and frameworks, such as django, rails, express.js, along with infrastructure administration tasks and support.
Databases: mysql, postgres, mongodb
Hobbies & interessts:
- x86 assembler
- system security forensics