Experienced Publishing Editor, Proofreader, Ghostwriter, and Copywrite
Last active: 05/02/2014
My name is Antoinette Coleman and I have been in the publishing field for more than twenty+ years. I worked for Daxel Publishing for a few of those years and freelanced as a copyeditor, copywriter, technical writer, and editor. I prepared and helped develop the manual for “Behind the Red Apple” by Charlotte Ford. This book was published through Xlibris Publishing. Also, I helped edit “I Miss the Hugs But NOT the Hurts” and “This is a Comma in Your Life, NOT a Period” both books by Dr. Tunishai Ford and I edited and proofed “A Nail in the Road” by Shelley Perelman. Last, I have a book of my own out under my pen name, Anna Jard called, "Abigail Finley and the Spirit Soldiers".
During the sixteen years I worked for BASF, I developed and wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for eight computer sites as well as help train people for the Greenville, Ohio and Grand Rapids, Michigan sites. Also, trained various personnel at the Troy, Hamtramck, Bourke Avenue, and Southfield sites for the new direct input system BASF installed at the time and wrote the SOPs for their training.
I am a very conscientious worker, hard working, and time conscious. I have for the most part met most if not all of my deadlines. I am a team player and always ready to improve my abilities.
Seeking a work in Copywriting, Publishing editing, proofreading, etc.
Twenty+ years of results-oriented documentation, editing, proofreading, manuscript development::
• Designed and implemented computer services standard operations procedures for BASF sites: Bourke, Milford, and Grand Rapids, Michigan, also Cincinnati and Greenville, Ohio.
• Trained computer operators for the Milford, Grand Rapids, and Greenville, Ohio sites; trained ICR input users for the Bourke Avenue, Troy, Hamtramck, Michigan sites.
• Researched and wrote standard procedures for BASF Milford Avenue payroll and accounts payables duties while performing operations.
• Wrote instructions adopted department wide.
• Created documentation and procedures for the execution of 26 accounts receivable and accounts parables programs for a sales package manual at Burroughs World Headquarters.
• Provided technical support and written guidance for the revision of company inventory control systems.
• Experienced in customer services, resident retention techniques, payroll processes and regulations, general accounting, cost accounting, bookkeeping, deposits, etc.
• Edited over 20 various manuscripts for DAXEL Publishing.
• Sales representative for store merchandise and trouble-shoot customer problems.
Windows98 Lotus 3.1 Microsoft Access
Prowrite Word Processing Microsoft PowerPoint
Lan Applications Microsoft Excel
Access Microsoft Mail
Windows – Dos Harvard Graphics
Microsoft Word Word Perfect
Working on a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration and Computer
Science at Detroit Mercy College.
* Coursework includes: General Business, Accounting, Composition, Computer Science, and Technical training.
Graduate – Cass Technical High School, 1976
Corporate Sponsored Training:
Professional Business Writing
Career Development for Professional Women
Plant Safety and Safety Procedures
Opportunity for Improvement (OFI)
Time Saving and Job Analysis
Microsoft Package XP edition
• Edited A Nail in the Road, by Shelley Perelman
• Edited and helped develop Behind the Red Apple Workbook by Charlotte Ford, Xlibris, 2002
• Edited I Miss the Hugs, But NOT the Hurts by Dr. Tunishai Ford, Xlibris, August, 2008.
• Edited This is a Comma in Your Life, NOT a Period by Dr. Tunishai Ford, Xlibris, August, 2008..
• Have 1st book, Abigail Finley and the Spirit Soldiers, Publish America, Sept. 2008