Software Architect (server-side mostly)
I'm an expert in Java and Scala programming and scalable systems.
I'm well versed in all stages of application development, from the early planning and pre-planning days on to post release. I'm a big fan of agile and the devops movement, and I love to work in great cross-discipline teams.
I've been remote contracting for over a year now, I'm a great communicator and familiar with a wide range of remote collaboration tools. Before this I was an employee at Telly, video sharing startup based in downtown San Francisco, where I was working on server side and managing one Ops engineer. The project required efficient, well designed code able to scale to many concurrent users and easily handle times of peak load.
Throughout my time at previous companies I also acted as a mentor to other members of staff.
I can help you with development, system design, choosing a database (SQL and NoSQL) and designing data types, scaling systems, migrating from Java to Scala, improving your tooling and build chain, and more.
I'm available for long term engagement, or for shorter projects. To find out more about me and my experiences, please check out my resume and portfolio.
I'm also interested in Machine Learning.
Experience (short version):
● OS: Android, Windows, Linux, iOS
● Cloud-computing: Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, FPS), Google App Engine, Heroku
● Scala: Spray, Akka, SBT, ScalaTest
● Java: J2SE, J2EE, Java 8 features
● Java Frameworks/Tools: GWT, JUnit, JPA, Objectify, Apache Commons, Guice and Yourkit profilers
● C++: STL, Boost, ACE, Crypto++, GCC, ZeroMQ
● .Net: C#, WPF, XAML, WCF, IIS, ASP.NET, NUnit, MOQ, Ninject, Win 8 Metro, Resharper
● Other compilers/IDEs/Languages: Visual Studio, IntelliJ IDEA, x86 Assembly, GCC, gdb, PHP
● DBs / caching / clustering: MySql, MS SQL, Oracle, Google DataStore, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
● Debugging: DevPartner Studio (BoundsChecker), SoftIce, OllyDbg, IDA Pro, GDB, Reverse engineering, Code protection
● Source control, build management/control and installers: Git, SVN, Maven, SBT, Ant (NAnt), Hudson/Jenkins, NSIS, InstallShield
Specialties: software architecture design, technical leadership, software development, reverse engineering