Native Italian Translator with extensive experience
Last active: 09/22/2014
Native Italian professional translator (EN< IT, FR>IT), project manager and account manager. 10 localization experience within top translation companies in the world.
2007-2013: Freelance translator and interpreter (self employed) both for private clients and through other translation agencies: preferred Italian translator for United Nations Vienna through ALS; preferred En>IT translator for Epic Translation (US); preferred Italian translator for Xacti
(IT/Software company); Trusted Translations (Spain), Talking Heads (Sheffield, UK), Intervoices
(Brazil); Workplace translations (Leeds, Uk); Energy Translations (Germany); A la carte languages
(US); Justification (London, Uk); Adelphi Translations (Sheffield, UK), Accento language company (US), Translating for Applied Language Solutions (now Capita TI) since January 2010.
Specialisation fields: IT/Software, business, technical, copywriting
Service Delivery Manager | Employer: Capita Translation and Interpreting | http://www.capitatranslationinterpreting.com Delph (Greater Manchester) | January 2011 to November 2013
Service Delivery Manager for Capita TI, a global organisation specialising in the translation and interpreting marketplace. I have been with the company since January 2011 (formerly Applied Language Solutions, prior to Capita group acquisition) started as Translation project manager, moved forward to Senior Project Manager and more recently as Service Delivery Manager, managing a team of project managers and project support assistants.
Translation Project Manager | Thebigword | www.thebigword.com Leeds (West Yorkshire) | January 2009 – September 2010
Started my career as Translation Project Manager at Thebigword, a pioneer company within the translation industry that allowed me to develop my skills and technical expertise:
Main tasks as Translation Project Manager included:
• Project management of a number of key medical/pharmaceutical accounts.
• Client facing, outsourcing and coordination of translators, file engineers, and DTP specialists. • Assigning suitable resources to the projects and management of those resources to ensure successful project completion and achievement of supplier cost targets.
• Helping to guide and assist other Project Managers and, where needed, provide cover for absent colleagues.
• Reformatting translated documents and performing quality checks to ensure they meet the client’s expected standard of quality.
• Ensuring that defined procedures are adhered to for each project.
• Supporting the team by handling any ad-hoc admin requests.
• Employed as in house project manager since January 2009. From June 2009 until September 2010, I was one of the very few Projects Managers to be offered the opportunity to work on a freelance basis, an opportunity which I accepted and continued with alongside my freelance translating career.
Translator and Interpreter (Italian) | Self employed | http://www.proz.com/translator/691816
Huddersfield | 2007 - 2011
Translation and proofreading of <100k words from English into Italian and specialising in marketing, business, IT/software, and general translations
Feedback about some of my translation work is visible on my proz account listed above.
Senior Event Manager | Mas Music Arts and Show | www.mas.it
Milan (Italy) | 2005 – 2007
Worked as project/team manager and coordinator. My role included the project management and delivery of nationwide and international key brands and theatrical events, from the creative idea, to planning and production:
Production manager and theatrical tour direction (2005-2007) for major theatrical success in Italy -
Musical Winx Power Show - http://www.winxpower.com/
Production manager and international coordination for Scooby Doo Live on stage musical (Italian tour) co-production with Themestar and Warner Bros
Production coordinator: Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards 2006 (Nickelodeon Channel) Corporate events:
Project director: Pulimilano roadshow for Amsa Milano 2006-2007
Project director: Moto Guzzi GMG 2006 and 2007 (Piaggio Group)
Production manager and script writer: Pantene Protagonist contest final 2006 - Milan (Italy)
Production manager and script writer: Gillette fusion razor Italian launch event - 2006 - Gillette Italia for P&G