Programmer / Developer
I am a software developer with 10 years' hands-on experience developing web applications with a background in e-commerce, B2B marketing and quantitative market research. I am multi-lingual (I speak French, Spanish and Thai as second languages) and have a sound understanding of international trade and business. I am a good communicator, possessing both hard technical and analytical skills and soft interpersonal ones.
I possess expertise in the following technologies:
- ColdFusion and Railo CFML servers
- ColdSpring, Hibernate ORM, Reactor ORM and Transfer ORM, MuraCMS, FW/1, ColdBox and Model-Glue frameworks for ColdFusion
- Apache 2 and IIS HTTP servers
- MS SQL Server and MySQL
- Advanced database and query optimisation
- NoSQL databases including MongoDB and Couchbase Server
- Test-driven development (TDD), functional and integration testing using Selenium, MXUnit
- Load testing with JMeter
- Penetration testing and security audits with Metasploit
I specialize in eCommerce including inventory/stock control systems, eCommerce websites, Google, eBay and Amazon web service integrations and payment system integrations.
I am experienced in Object Oriented development methodologies along with ColdFusion frameworks such as Model-Glue, ColdSpring and ORM frameworks such as Reactor/Transfer/Hibernate.
I am also conversant with various design patterns and knowledgeable of coding best practices.
I am well-informed and enjoy keeping up to date with current affairs and reading around a wide range of subjects from website hacking to 19th Century Central Asian history. I also enjoy travelling, swimming and spending time with my young family.