Solution architect and process improvement consultant
I am a customer focused, driven to exceed expected results IT consultant with extensive economics background and 25+ years of experience with Mainframe, Client/Server, service oriented and web-based technologies in several industry sectors (including Banking, Life Insurance and Government).
My career spanned various roles across Europe and Asia Pacific (including Business Analyst, Integration Consultant, Solution Architect, Quality Assurance Manager, Team Lead and Project Manager) in a cross functional and multi-cultural environment, this way acquiring strong knowledge of the SDLC, hands on experience with different development methodologies and working knowledge of different frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF, CMMI, PRINCE2, PMBOK9);
Over the last years I have identified, assessed and solved complex business and technological problems, recommending simple, flexible and efficient technical solutions and system enhancements. Examples include:
- rapid implementation of the Data protection Act (Spain) in IRIS core banking with team, completely inexperienced with underlying technology;
- more than 90% decreasing in execution times of data migration batch processes during the core banking transformation project in Kasikorn Bank, Thailand;
- more than 30% performance improvement in Excel based staffing application despite of newly added heavy calculations, used by Accenture;
- design of simple and efficient solution for 24/7 support for financial transactions in Temenos core banking, preserving all the existing functionality and reducing few times the development effort;
- customization and performance optimization of the deposits settlement process in Temenos core banking.
Based on my experience and achievements, I can offer to you or your business:
- design of flexible, reliable and easy to maintain applications or services;
- business process optimization;
- performance improvements of batch and online transactions, regardless of underlying technology;
- quality assurance during the entire SDLC and not only during the test phase;
- design of flexible databases with high reliability and performance.
For more information you can access my LinkedIn Profile: http://th.linkedin.com/in/vvelev/