Chemist, Environmental Science Writer, Greek-EnglishTranslator
Hello my name is Irini Chassioti and I live in Greece. I am a chemist and I have a Master degree in Environmental Chemistry and Technology. I am an excellent academic writer and an experienced English- Greek translator.
First of all I love writing. I believe that whatever you do with passion, you do it well and you are committed to it. I specialize in writing about environmental and health issues: Medicine, Health, Environment, and Education, but I can write creatively for almost any subject.
Nowadays I write articles for the technical site CloudSDS about the latest information, new regulations, and changes to existing regulations in chemical industry. I have published many articles at the environmental site greenfudge.org and at the commercial blog and website Zon- Solar energy solutions about solar energy (Applications / Technologies / Environment / Economic) and all Renewable Energy, energy management, energy architecture techniques.....
I have recently finished the writing of a book titled "The job of the Head of Production in pharmaceutical and parapharmaceutical industry" on behalf of National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. I am also responsible for training undergraduate and graduate students through an e-learning program based on this book, in both Greek and English.
I have worked for 5 years as a researcher at the National Centre of Scientific Research "DEMOKRITOS", Greece. I have experience in using analytical equipment (Spectrophotometers UV-VIS-near-IR, HPLC equipped with UV-VIS and FL detectors, IC) and performing: Method Validations, Process Validations, Cleaning Validations, Stability Studies, as well as Plasma processing, manufacturing methods for the detection of drugs, study and comparison of new methods for the determination of a statistical treatment of results. My participation in these research activities led to the writing of a scientific publication in international journal and three abstracts in international and national conferences.
My daily preoccupation with scientific papers for 10 years now facilitates me in researching and writing. I have also attended many courses on this subject.
Greek is my native language and I have full professional proficiency in English and limited working proficiency in French.
I also work as a tutor in Math, Chemistry and Physics for 17 years and I have attended e-learning courses for dyslexia, educational psychology in NKUA, Greece.
I have also attended many e-learning courses in English on different scientific topics, including:
1. Writing in the Science (Stanford University)
2. English Composition: Achieving Expertise (Duke University)
3. Data Management for Clinical Research (Vanderbilt University)
4. Case-Based Introduction to Biostatistics (Johns Hopkins University)
5. Inquiry Science Learning: Perspectives and Practices 1 - Science Leadership (Rice University)
6. Inspiring Leadership through Emotional Intelligence (Case Western Reserve University)
7. Enhance your career and employability skills (University of London)
8. Preventing chronic pain: a human systems approach University of Minnesota
9. The clinical psychology of children and young people (University of Edinburgh)
10. Coaching teachers Match Teacher Residency
11. How to change the world (Wesleyan University)
12. Educational psychology (University of Athens)
13. Climate Literacy: Navigating Climate Change Conversations (University of British Columbia)
14. Creativity, Innovation, and Change (Pennstate University)
15. New Models of Business in Society (University of Virginia)
16. Sustainability of Food Systems: A Global Life Cycle Perspective (University of Minnesota)
17. Nutrition for Health Promotion and Disease Prevention (University of California)
18. Nutrition, Health, and Lifestyle: Issues and Insights (Vanderbilt University)
19. Child nutrition and cooking (Stanford University)
20. Astrobiology and the search of extraterrestrial life (University of Edinburgh)
21. Climate Change (University of Melbourne)