Manager Marketing and Communication
Last active: 2 months ago
SOIL OF INDIA: (Feb 2012 – Current)
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research, analysis and outreach across 35 States of India, locating and identifying individuals/families/communities that have been hand-crafting varied ware, through generations. Engaging with them by guiding, motivating and re-invigorating their dying spirits through assurance of sustained procurement, at price points that will lead to an improved self-sustainable life.
Coordination and association with grass-root level NGO’s, local Government bodies, to building a consistent and qualitative supply chain, particularly of endangered crafts and skills that over time have in some cases been reduced to as much as just a single family holding on to its tradition.
1. Thus far identified over 100 meta-clusters across India of various products/ categories such as vastu lamps, temple jewellery, saffron tea, ahimsa silk, ayur vastra to name just a few.
2. Further studied these 100 meta-clusters and identified and prioritized them through an ABC matrix analysis based on various parameters such as genuine craft, age of origin, cultural significance, ability to revive etc.
3. Traveled into various meta-clusters across Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Ladakh, UP etc.
4. Engaged with artisan communities, local NGO’s and government bodies and created partnerships for a consistent supply of unique handmade products and through assurance of procurement at price points that encourage the artisans to continue to produce their dying craft.
5. Established a range of over a 150 variants of marketable products thus far in the last one year.
Ogilvy & Mather Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai (A WPP Group of Companies): May 2010 – April 2013.
Client: Hindustan Unilever Ltd., (HUL).
Worked on a Multi-Brand Project initiated by HUL in 2010, operational in 5 States of India (Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal) across 70,000 villages.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Directly and singularly responsible for management of States, (Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra) and inter-management activities of additional States,(Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal) in terms of creative, production and execution, for successful implementation of roll outs across 153 units in creating Multi- Brand Awareness, Engagement, Brand Penetration and Sales (Consumer,H2H and Retail).
i) Responsible for planning, creation, distribution and implementation.
ii) Directly liaising with state heads and operational teams towards the successful implementation of roll-outs of 50 units across both the states in 15,000 villages
iii) Co-ordination with Brand teams of Unilever with respect to on-going progress of the project.
iv) Independent Market visits in each state and market visits with the client, to ensure successful roll-outs and control of implementation of strategies, on an on-going basis.
v) Print / Production:
Collateral management across all 5 States from artworks to printing to distribution.
vi)Planning & Research:
Creating and integrating plans based on interface with AC Neilson, IMRB, IPSOS and Internal Feedback / Insights
vii) Finance & Billing Processes:
Ensuring timely billing/profitability and closure on project wise finances, monthly / yearly basis
• Over 25 million women directly contacted through 1,050,000 “mohalla” sessions
• Over 2.9 million HUL brand demonstrations conducted to directly deliver brand benefits
• Over 400,000 retailers contacted. 70% of the retailers contacted purchased our products thus ensuring HUL brand availability & retail sales.
• More than 3000 communicators, 550 supervisors and 1152 dolis (palanquins) involved in this massive activation
• The HUL Home and Personal Care (HPC) category’s market share increased by 176 bps
• In 4 out of 5 market states, rural HPC category shares for HUL went up significantly
• RMAI ( Rural Marketing Association of India)
• SHORTLISTED FOR CANNES
• HUL CB4L ( Crafting Brands for Life)
• AWARDS INTERNAL OGILVY AWARD FOR “LOUDER THAN WORDS”
• AME (Advertising and Marketing Effectiveness)