Hybrid Media and Tech Engineer w/deep Video and Audio experience
Last active: 06/19/2014
Premier Digital Media Systems Architect and Innovator. Indispensable to those looking to maximize technological initiatives by leveraging strategic direction and vision through collective expertise in Media, Entertainment, and Technology. Long-term track record of technology innovation which unites intelligence, common sense evaluation of data, the practical application of cutting edge technology, solution design and implementation resulting in delivering award winning, galvanizing, and groundbreaking platforms.
• Excellent track record in assisting companies looking to capitalize on content, broadband, mobile, and streaming technology developments.
• Highly successful in Project Delivery Management through clear vision and expert guidance to project teams on how to critically analyze ambiguity and articulate complex issues and discoveries.
• Significant experience in client management building key relationships and managing expectations by providing strategic, operational and technical counsel to clients.
• Long-term project management experience leveraging onshore and offshore technology capabilities to support development and deployment efforts while delivering projects on-time and within budget.
• Successful projects have included:
o Business, Operational and Technology Strategy
o Product Definition and Architecture
o Technical Product Design and Implementation
• Leadership experience helping clients to identify and qualify vertical, linear and lateral partnership opportunities in relevant industries.
• Broad-based experience developing new and enhancing existing service methodologies and expert in understanding agile software development processes that accelerate project delivery and enable project consistency.
• Extensive experience defining performance and functional requirements that align business and technology strategies.
• 30 years experience managing, producing, engineering, and editing audio/video, music, voiceover, and effects in advertising, television, film, terrestrial commercial and public broadcast environments.
• More than 2 decades of digital audio and video technology experience including systems engineering and architecture of CMS, DAM, DRM, cloud networks, CDN’s (streaming media and P2P) and mobile applications.
• Deep knowledge and experience with video encoding and delivery, ingest/play-out, on-demand, IPTV and standards-based encoding solutions for TV Everywhere Streaming entertainment platforms.
• Expert knowledge on developing for digital video endpoint applications, platforms and media delivery services including Windows Media Center, Xbox, XBMC, and Smart TV’s.
• P&L responsibility and management experience leading teams as many 20 people including remote domestic and offshore resources.
Hardware (Streaming): Digital Rapids, Cisco, Viewcast, VBrick, Qumu, Telestream
Programs (Design & Dev): Adobe Master Collection, Microsoft Expression & Visual Studio, Eclipse
Programs (AV): Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic Pro, After Effects, Premiere, Avid, Final Cut Pro
OS, Services & App Frameworks: Windows, OS X, Ubuntu, IIS Media Services, Linux, Apache, MySQL, MS SQL, Titanium, Como,
Ad, CDN & Cloud Platform Experience: Akamai, Adobe, Apple, Wowza, Kaltura, Kontiki, Spacial, Ando, DART, Eyeblaster, mMedia, Amazon AWS, Azure
Streaming Protocols: RTP, RTMP, RTSP, MMS, TCP, UDP, HTTP, Gnutella, FastTrack, BitTorrent
Codecs and Wrappers: H.264, TS, MPEG, MP3, AAC, 3GP, MP4, FLV, MOV, WMA, WMV, VC-1
Competencies: Enterprise Video Content Management, Digital Rights Management, Solutions Architecture, Systems Engineering, iTV, IPTV, OTT, Distributed SOA’s, Mobile Apps, Rich Media Application Development, Digital Media Distribution, Database Design, Digital Asset Management, Streaming Media, Transmedia Content Development, Digital Workflows, SWOT/Competitive/GAP Analysis, Content Monetization Strategy, Market Positioning, Supplier Evaluation, Digital Media Research & Development