Carlos Andres Bolaños Realpe
Last active: 11/18/2014
Software Engineer with a focus on distributed systems development, HA systems and highly scalable Internet-based architectures. More than 10 years of experience working for different industries such as: Telecommunications, E-Commerce, Banking, Retail, B2C, etc.
Specialties: Distributed systems programming, Erlang/OTP, C/C++, Java, C#, UNIX/POSIX programming, VoIP, NGIN.
Technical Lead, Intertec International
Heredia, Costa rica — 2014-Present
CTO/Co-Founder, Niagara Systems, Inc.
Medellin, Colombia — 2008-Present
- Designed and developed WEST, tool written in Erlang/OTP for messaging-based systems development, with high concurrency and real-time requirements. [https://github.com/cabolanos/west]
- Designed and developed WEST Java Client. [https://github.com/cabolanos/west-java-client]
- Designed and developed IM solution, using Erlang/OTP, MongooseIM, FFMpeg, Nginx Media Server and FreeBSD.
- Designed and developed MERC, a MarkLogic REST Client written in Erlang/OTP.
- Designed and developed Cloud Communications Platform with a RESTful API. Technologies: Java, Mobicents (JAIN SLEE, MMS), Spring and JBoss AS.
- Designed and developed a distributed logging solution with Riak database and Erlang/OTP.
- Designed and implemented EMCALI Click-To-Call Service. Technologies: Java, JSLEE, Mobicents Media Server and JBoss AS.
- Implemented Cloud Communication Platform for EMCALI.
- Designed and implemented Electronic Recharge Service. Technologies: C/C++, Dialogic.
- Designed and implemented Sponsored Calls Service. Technologies: Java, JSLEE, Mobicents Media Server and JBoss AS.
- Designed Mobile Services architecture for Avianca BCBP System (Bar Coding Boarding Pass).
- Designed Next Generation Services Platform for ETB.
IT Specialist/Applications Architect, IBM
Bogotá, Colombia — 2011-2013
Bancolombia - Innova Project.
- Designed and developed SWIFT Server simulator. Technologies: Java, Spring, JMS and WebSphere MQ.
- Designed architecture of Distributed Document Management System.
- Designed and developed a distributed caching solution, using Java, Spring, EHCache and Memcached.
- Designed architecture of TRADE solution, based on SOA and EDA.
Senior Software Architect, Carvajal S.A.
Cali, Colombia — 2008-2011
- Designed and developed EWS (EBusiness Web Services), a Web-based business network and invoicing platform. Technologies: Java, JMS, Spring Integration, REST and WebSockets.
- Designed and developed Peru Electronic Billing Solution based on SUNAT government regulations. Technologies: Java, JMS, Spring Integration and SOAP.
- Designed a Credit Card Solution for COOMEVA.
- Designed and implemented a Distributed Caching System.
- Designed a Mass Email Sending System.
- Implemented a Capacity and Performance Model for B2B invoicing platform, using QN Models.
- Designed and developed Traceability Solution based on RFID technology.
Software Engineer, T-Uno Colombia
Bogotá, Colombia — 2007-2008
- Designed a Real Time Video Conference System.
- Designed and developed a voice-recording module for an audio conference platform. C/C++ and Aculab.
- Designed and developed a digital E1 line monitoring system. C/C++ and Aculab.
Software Developer, Innovatec Ltda.
Cali, Colombia — 2006-2007
- Designed and developed Prepaid Calling Card Platform. C/C++ and Dialogic.
- Developed a VoIP/TDM/PRI/GSM gateway. C/C++ and Dialogic.
- Developed version 2 of PBX platform. C/C++ and Dialogic.
- Designed and developed TEMAS, a Telemarketing application written in C/C++, using Dialogic boards.
Master of Management, Information Technologies
Cali, Colombia — 2010-Present
Specialist in Networks and Communications
Cali, Colombia — 2007-2010
Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering
Cali, Colombia — 2000-2006
Pontificia Universidad Javeriana.
- Software Architecture Design Professional Certificate, Carnegie Mellon University and Software Engineering Institute, 2011.
- Advanced Distributed Systems Design using SOA & DDD, presented by Udi Dahan, 2010.
- Business Process Management Course, IT Institute (ITERA), 2009.
Skills & Expertise
- Distributed Systems
- Enterprise Software Architecture
- Real-Time Systems (VoIP, NGIN, IMS)
- Unix/Posix Programming
- NoSQL (Riak, MongoDB, CouchBase, Redis, etc.)