Electrical engineer. Firmware developer.
I am an Electrical Engineer with over seven years of experience in embedded hardware design for high tech consumer, medical and industrial products.
In the last seven years of working for myself and for other companies, I have taken on numerous projects that have successfully gone from concept phase into production.
I have experience in electronics hardware design, embedded firmware design and
mechanical design, and specialize in designing small wireless enabled products.
Schematic and PCB Design
• Strong understanding of PCB fabrication and assembly procedures relating to
reliability and manufacturability
• Excel at miniaturizing PCB designs
• Analog, digital, and low power design
• Embedded microcontroller development
• GPS and MEMs sensor integration
• Experience with standard and proprietary RF protocols
• Embedded antenna tuning and integration
Electronics and Mechanical integration
• Concurrent 3D modeling of circuit board and enclosure to ensure tightly
integrated product designs
• CNC and rapid prototyping for design verification
• Formulating product performance specifications
• Developing schedules and budgets
• Working with suppliers and manufactures during design and production
• PCB design with Altium Designer
• 3D modelling with Alibre Design and Solidworks
• Circuit simulation with SPICE
• Code Development with Code Composer Studio, Arduino, Crossworks, GCC
Programming Languages and Microcontrollers
• C++, C, assembly
• TI MSP430, Atmel ATMEGA, ATMEL ARM, NXP ARM, Silicon Labs 8051