Mechanical engineer, CAD specialist/3D designer
Last active: 11/09/2014
Key Skills : "Mechanical & Numerical Engineering, Design & Drafting, Technical computing, Product Development, Manufacturing process, Eco-design, Technical writing."
Welcome to my page,
My education and prior work experiences are related to mechanical, industrial & environmental engineering.
Technical savvy, I have a solid background in Thermodynamics, Heat Transfers, Fluid Mechanics and as a creative problem solver, I have extensive “hands-on” design & engineering abilities, with strong perceptual skills and broad knowledge of manufacturing technologies & quality issues.
Freelancer, I am highly committed to details and my employer's satisfaction. I make it a priority to demonstrate professionalism by securing confidentiality of sensible informations, adapt myself to your working methods and be available for constructive communication. I want to build long term working relationships, so I'm preferably looking for long term projects but also available for shorter-term assignments.
Experienced user of CAD softwares, Pro/Engineer preferably or SolidWorks, I can provide you with several forms of design & engineering outcomes, project time frame, and budget.
I only bid on jobs where I am confident of success and able to deliver results that satisfy or exceed employer's expectations. I have a great deal of interest and feel comfortable when performing the following tasks:
• Conceptual design (parts & assemblies with basic mechanisms, rendering),
• Numerical engineering & simulation: FEM/FEA (COMSOL, Pro Engineer), CFD (Ansys CFD) and technical computing (MATLAB).
• Reverse-engineering (rapid surfacing from STL, Step, Iges files),
• Prototype Design (3D-printable parts or assemblies, file conversion, tolerance fitting if moving assembly),
• Design for manufacturability (turn PDF to CAD, DXF file or fully-defined parts with defined mechanics & mechanisms, standard elements, detail drawings in conformity with ISO, assembly/mounting/exploded view drawings, material estimation, BOM),
• Environmental management: Eco-design / Life Cycle assessment (LCA) of industrial product & services.
Being flexible with my working hours, I will enjoy working closely with any freelancers you have already hired. About oDesk contracts, I prefer hourly based contract but if you are working with fixed price contracts note that I'm not sending core files before payment is being done and verified.
I look forward to hearing from you!