Excel VBA Programmer and Access database developer
Last active: 3 months ago
Provide full range of professional consulting services in VBA Office Macros and Access database development including:
- Design: Object oriented design of Access database solutions in Access 2003, 2007, 2010. Use of ASP Web Application, Access Client, and/or VB.net Client development to connect with the database. Use of Excel VBA for data migration including use of the Office 2007/2010 Ribbon as the User Interface
- Development: Quality development using VBA in Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, XML, XSLT, and ASP, e.g., Automated chart generation in Excel using data input from Enterprise application; re-formatting and analysis of ABAP data from SAP in Excel; Access reporting using Word templates; Analysis, bar charting, of work metrics; Conversion of emails and associated attachments into TIF and PDF.
- ETL: Extract, transport and load of data from various systems and database, i.e., Oracle - to - Excel, Oracle - to - Access, SAP - to - Oracle, SAP - to - MSSQL, SDMS - to - Excel, etc. ETL using native tools or Stored Procedures
- Migration: Rewriting or migration of VBA applications from Office 2000, 2003 to 2007 and 2010 (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Replacement: Conversion of multiuse Excel spreadsheets into an Access database, along with design of Access Client user interface or ASP Web interface and even provision of data migration stubs using the Office 2007/2010 Ribbon.
- Maintainability: I leverage best practices in the development process, including iterative development, object oriented design, and unit testing to provide quality solutions in the least amount of time. Extensive use of base classes and interfaces maximizes code maintainability so future developers can easily maintain or enhance the solution.
I also have extensive experience in the following areas: Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures, HTML and CSS, Web Development. Some of examples of my work in these areas:
- Cost accounting system for manufacturing using VB 6 and Oracle PL/SQL
- Audit tracking system using ASP, CSS, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Training Schedule system using ASP, CSS, and Oracle PL/SQL
I have recently completed several Excel VBA, Word VBA, Outlook VBA, and Access projects. I am availalble to help you immediately.