Agile Project Management and Software Development
Last active: 21 days ago
Important: although I'm new to oDesk.com, I have been working on other freelance sites since 2005. I have one of the most outstanding profiles in another very popular freelance site, with more than 300 projects successfully completed, I can show it by request. You can also check my professional blog at: http://softwareandoutsourcing.wordpress.com/
My name is Sergio and I specialize in providing quality custom software solutions while offering competitive costs and timing. My other freelance sites track record (can show on request), along with positive feedback from clients I’ve served, are proof that my qualifications and strong commitment to excellence make me an ideal choice for your next project.
I have been working at freelance sites since 2005 and currently I lead a team of programmers and designers from Spain and other places in the world. For managing projects I use agile software development methodologies (Scrum, XP…), which I consider the most efficient way to manage a project via the internet. I also consider myself a knowledgeable and efficient programmer, so I can evaluate team members’ performance and help guide them.
In the last 6 years I have learned a lot about how to make a project successful when working with people who lives thousands of miles away and I consider oDesk.com a great opportunity to develop professionally and offer new and more complete services.
Areas Of Expertise:
- Agile software development. Design and project management. I can both lead an existing team or build a new one (with local or remote coders) if needed.
- Java/J2EE/J2ME. Highly skilled in distributed computing and web services. JSP, Servlets. GUI design. JDBC. SAX, DOM, JDOM. SOAP (Axis). Netbeans, Eclipse and JBuilder IDEs. Bytecode analysis. Entreprise Java Beans (EJB).
- Data extraction and analysis. Crawlers, custom search and metasearch engines. Advanced signal procesing, data analysis and statistical decision support programming.
- Networking: design, testing, programming, analysis, and simulation. Advanced Routing (RIP, OSPF, BGP). SNMP management.
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, Access. Design, programming and administration.
- (Technical) Translation: English <-> Spanish (Spain). Professional, accurate and human-made translation.
- Linux (Debian, Red Hat, Fedora, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE...) administration. Bash scripting. Xen and VMware server virtualization.
- Low level programming with x86 and ARM7 (Philips LPC2000 family and similar) assembly and c. Keil development tools. Embedded systems design.
- Other programming languages: C, C#, Matlab.
- Establish myself as an entrepreneur in the software and communications industry by focusing on top-notch quality and service.
Highlights of qualifications
- Deep knowledge of the internet structure and associated protocols. Several complex projects (dynamic web servers, instant messaging platform...) as work at various local enterprises.
- Master of Engineering in Telecommunications with specialization in Telematics (Computing applied to Internet and Networks) and intensification in Project Management, Software Engineering and Agile Programming Methodologies (2007).
- Network Programming Diploma (J2EE, 300 hours, INEM 2001).
- Multimedia Diploma (Audio and Video edition, 200 hours, INEM 2001).
- Spanish: native.
- English: advanced. Cambridge First Certificate.
- Programming: Java/J2EE/J2ME (specialized in distributed computing), C (network programming under Linux/Solaris), bash, assembly, oTcl.
- Networking: Network design, analysis, simulation (ns2) and implementation. Protocols: TCP/IP model, OSI model, ATM, FR, GSM, UMTS, HTTP, FTP, POP3, RIP, BGP, OSPF IPv6, SNMP...
- Operating systems: Linux (Debian, advanced, administration and programming), Solaris, MS Windows.
- Edition: OpenOffice, MS Office, html...
- July 2005 - now. Freelance coder. More than 500 projects successfully completed.
- June 2004 - July 2007. Technical helpdesk at local TV station (half time).
- March 2000 - June 2004. Network maintenance at several local enterprises as freelance.
- Currently I have a 20 Mbps 24/7 ADSL2+ connection to the internet.
Some search keywords: netvibes, crawler, crawl, crawling, mining, scrape, scraping, automated data entry, lucene, nutch, solr, sphider, custom search engine, metasearch, ebay, jabber, paypal, wikipedia, mediawiki, jquery, prototype, prototypejs, cakephp, CRUD, SBML, ANSI ASC X12, jpcap, jnetpcap, datatables, forex, twilio.