Writing and Communications Consultant
Karen Bryan has more than 30 years of marketing and communications experience, both in the public and private sectors. She has been an independent consultant for 19 years, serving a wide variety of clients, including WoodWorks, Bonney-Watson, City of Mercer Island, Virginia Mason, Associated General Contractors of Washington, Franciscan Health System, Microsoft, Building Media and others.
Previously, she held marketing and communications management positions with PACCAR Leasing (Peterbilt and Kenworth trucks), Weyerhaeuser, Columbia Resource Group, and Seattle Public Utilities.
Her strengths include:
• Strategic thinker, able to translate complicated goals and strategies into easy-to-understand materials
• Proven business writer, able to clearly and concisely communicate key messages
• Empathetic marketer, able to identify and translate customer needs into marketing materials that promote client goals
• Responsive and organized, with a strong appreciation for efficiency and cost effectiveness
• Good communicator, with a firm commitment to meeting deadlines and budgets
• Versatile, with a demonstrated working knowledge of online, print, media and other types of communications strategies
Her philosophy is to always put the client’s goals first with effective communications strategies.