Bilingual (FR-EN) virtual assistant and freelance translator
Last active: 2 months ago
With a Master’s degree in comparative linguistics from the University of Paris-Sorbonne, I taught French and English to students and adults for 11 years. Then I decided to create my own company providing a wide range of bilingual services. Over the last few years, I had the opportunity to work on many challenging assignments such as:
- Translation of two training modules on Aquaculture and Climate Change, and a report about Youth and Agriculture, that have all been published by the United Nations FAO.
- Translation of legal terms for the website of a British Company.
- Translation of various types of supports: videos, training materials, articles. For instance I regularly work with M. Marcel Maison - a French training consultant – as an assistant for varied assignments in both French and English.
- Translation of scientific and technical reports, especially a 50 page scientific workshop report for the Grenoble Institute of Technology.
- Translation of a survey (report + statistical appendix) about child domestic workers in Haiti for Fafo and initiated by UNICEF and many other organizations, to be published soon.
- Audio/video/handwritten documents transcription. As an example of transcription assignments I can quote Anne Délestan, a professional coach, or the Grenoble Institute of Technology.
- Writing, editing and proofreading of various marketing materials, spell and grammar check of training or advertising materials, linguistic and marketing advice. I regularly work with the company Ac Créa Diffusion for anything relating to marketing, and I also worked with Brice de Beaumont from Accom PME for the development of promotional materials.
My interpersonal know-how coupled with a full and open communication in both French and English, and my constantly renewed English skills (thanks to regular jobs in English, personal linguistic research, regular communication with American and British friends, a stay for 3 months in the USA etc…) enable me to provide the highest-quality services.
Do not hesitate to ask for references or any further information !