Muhammad Arslan Rafique
Chartered Certified Accountant
United Arab Emirates
Last active: 1 month ago
I have been working as Corporate Accountant. The responsibilities include the following:
- Understanding of the entity’s business keeping in view industry risk profile and operating environment.
- Identification and analysis of key business risk and financial risk factors affecting the entity.
- Supervision and execution of all accounting functions including AP/AR Aging, employee compensation/benefits, financial reporting, financial management and budgeting.
Financial statement analysis –
- Analysis of core business profitability i.e. sales volumes, product mix, product pricing, cost structures and expense analyses.
- Evaluation of capital structure, debt mix and pricing, repayment pattern, cash flow analysis, debt/interest coverage, working capital management.
Financial modelling and forecasting –
- Development of entity specific financial models to project income statement, cash flows and coverage.
- Bench-marking of client’s critical financial performance indicators against standard criteria and peers.
- Prepared scoring model to assign ratings to clients in Power sector.
- Assessment and evaluation of organizational structure, systems and controls, risk management framework, corporate governance and sponsor’s financial profile.
- Evaluation of business plans and risk management strategy of entity vis-à-vis key risk factors.
- Coordination and liaison with client’s top management.
- Continuous monitoring of client and industry developments together with financial performance.
- Preparation of credit rating proposal, detailed rating report and press release.