Proof-Reader and Copywriter
Currently studying for an MA in English at the University of Hull (after receiving a 2:1 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Drama and English there in 2014), I have accepted a full-time job as a Copywriter and Designer to start at the end of August. I am dedicated and easy to work with, and I feel that trust and communication are the two most important factors when working with clients - that's great news for the both of us.
I am looking for work in the following fields:
- Editing articles
- Proofreading documents or ebooks
- Writing short articles
I have experience in:
Past editing and proof-reading:
- 2 years' worth of experience in editing articles for a small newspaper in the North of England. This includes proof-reading, editing for grammar, spelling and punctuation, and cutting articles down to suit smaller word-counts.
- 4 years' worth of experience in editing and proof-reading other academic essays, including highlighting suggestions for changes to grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as re-organising content to improve the flow and overall structure of the writing.
Writing and copywriting:
- 4 years' worth of experience in writing academic essays, which has developed my research skills, as well as my ability to write coherently, concisely and to deadlines and word-counts (ranging from 1,500 words to 30,000 words).
- 2 years' worth of experience in writing copy for advertisement posters, mainly advertising radio shows, theatre productions and TV shows.
- 3 years' worth of experience in writing articles for a small newspaper in the North of England, on a variety of different topics, from Arts to Politics (ranging from 200 words to 600 words).
- 2 years' worth of experience in writing snappy article headlines to both inform and encourage readers to read articles.
- 1 years' worth of experience in managing the newspaper's social media account, and writing persuasive copy on social media posts to achieve more views on online articles.
- 1 year's worth of experience in laying out a 24 page magazine using Adobe InDesign.
- Producing large-scale advertising material, including an interview backdrop (2m by 1.5m) and printed banner (2.4m by 0.6m).
- Creating publicity material for one of Hull University's main-house theatre Productions, including poster designs, flyer designs and programme design.
- Creating logos for Hull University Union's Raising and Giving committee.
And I am also competent with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Word
Thank you for your time. Feel free to check out my portfolio online at sarahbarradell.wordpress.com.