Oracle Cloud Application/Middlware and Database Architect
Last active: 07/17/2014
A proficient, seasoned lead enterprise Oracle Architect with 15 years of experience and proven track record in administering and managing Oracle Fusion applications, Oracle Fusion Middleware, database and related technology projects and operations.
- Playing the role of Lead Fusion Apps admin for clients in Oracle Fusion Apps early adopter program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Installation/configuration , administration and validation of On Premise Fusion Apps environments
- Oracle Fusion Applications upgrade
- Developing a patching strategy for repeatable application for Fusion Apps patch bundles across multiple instances
- Performing scale out and HA clustering for Test and Prod instances with assistance from Oracle A-Team
- Leading and coordinating effort with Oracle A-Team and Support team for timely resolution of instance related issues/SRs
- Ensuring instance availability, stabilization and performance optimization
- Worked as Oracle Apps DBA/Architect for various industries such as Food Industry, Manufacturing, Consulting, Service Industry, Finance, Aviation, Stock Exchange, automobile, Telecom and Banking
- Worked closely with other IT team leader to understand database/applications requirement, deliverables and track progress against plan and operation service level agreements.
- Provided management and implementation of strategic initiative for the enterprise databases and applications services in the charge toward efficiency and optimization
- Developed process and procedure for overall database and applications IT operations, production controls, capacity planning, disaster recovery planning, execution and testing and system backup and recovery
- Developed and applied procedure for periodic database backup. Determined backup method and frequency
- Ensure enterprise database applications operations continuity and established key performance indicator, metrics and focused to drive database and applications operation.
- Ensured database applications services to meet and exceed SLA by planning, executing and managing proactively. Provided 7x24 continuous service monitoring, preventive maintenance and emergency response communications
- Supported Oracle EBS OLTP database of size 10TB used by more than 40,000 users
- Planning, resource allocation, execution documents evaluation, execution coordination and communication for enterprise database and applications server migration from old hardware to new hardware as part of lease renewal
- Actively participated in strategic planning, goal setting, monitoring and regular status update to business owner and project leaders.
- Very Efficient in Unix admin and Shells scripting, Change control
- Experience designing and creating project, operations documentation (e.g., standard operations processes, preventative maintenance procedures)