Highly Skilled Web Developer With 16+ Years of Professional Experience
Last active: 10/07/2014
My three main strengths are: problem-solving, quality assurance, and goal-directed design. I am looking for collaborative engagements that involve web development, coaching/training, or project management. I prefer to work with individuals or teams that value quality over quantity, making sure that the end result is stable, usable, and intelligent. I now use Agile Development methodologies in all of my work, and am interested in growing my experience with Continuous Delivery. If this is important to you, contact me to see what we can create together!
• 14+ years of experience working with MS SQL Server, Oracle and PostgreSQL, creating databases, optimizing queries, developing stored procedures, and analyzing data.
• 14+ years of experience gathering user requirements, creating technical specifications, planning system architecture, designing graphical user-interfaces, analyzing problems, and delivering feature-complete and thoroughly-tested software.
• 12+ years providing hands-on training and writing system documentation for end-users, as well as mentoring co-workers on technology features and software design principles.
• 6+ years developing intranet solutions based on MS SharePoint 2007 and 2013.
• 1+ years of experience learning and implementing Test-Driven Development (TDD), as well as Agile Development methodologies such as User Stories and Continuous Delivery.
• 1+ years of experience using Atlassian OnDemand products: JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo.
• 1+ years of experience working with Node.js, RESTful API design, HATEOAS, HTML5, Twitter Bootstrap, CSS3, xUnit, and Bash scripting.