Samit K Ghosh
Last active: 08/18/2014
I'm a software engineer with about 15 years of experience of developing, managing, integrating, and testing software in the following domains:
- Network Management and Development of Test Tools
- Transmission and Distribution of Electricity
- Internet Applications
- Interactive TV standards
- Mobile Application Frameworks
- LTE/4G Networks
- IMS Networks
My core technical skill-set:
- Windows/Linux/Embedded Linux based Client-Server application development
- Design and development of GUI frameworks
- C/C++, TCL/Tk, JAVA, shell scripts
- Project management tools/standards - JIRA, Agile, MS Project
- MFC, Win32 SDK
- Design skills in OOA/OOD
- Knowledge of Network Protocols like RTP/RTSP, GTPv2C, GTPv1U, DIAMETER, SIP, TCP/UDP/IP
- Knowledge of standards like OCAP, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, 3GPP LTE
- Database SQL and NOSQL
I'm highly proficient in English, and speak 4 languages:
I'm an Indian National. My educational background is one in which I've spent most of my formative years studying in an international school in Venezuela (the country where I grew up). I later went on to finish my schooling in New Delhi, India. I went to college in Pune, India at the Bharati Vidyapeeth College of Engineering, where I acquired my Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science.
In my professional career, I've been exposed to Telecom Networks for different domains (industries). I consider myself to be highly proficient in Java and C/C++ on Linux and Windows.
I'm looking for clients that would like me to contribute in challenging areas where good technical skills are required.