Attorney at Law (Experienced, Well-Credentialed, US Licensure)
I have more than ten years of experience drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad spectrum of complex commercial agreements and successfully handling transactional matters. While I have experience working with Fortune 500 companies, the focus of my practice has been in working with startups, emerging companies and entrepreneurs through all stages of organizational lifecycle.
Objectives and Professional Philosophy: My objective is to understand and balance a client’s strategic business objectives with the legal process and risk mitigation, and to proactively address potential liabilities. My work product should not only reflect a client’s intent, it should be reflective of the client’s professionalism (and mine). I don’t “dabble” in practice areas in which I don’t have sufficient experience, and do not expect a client to pay me to learn something I don’t already possess a firm grasp of.
Following are some of the types of agreements/transactions I have significant experience handling:
• Intellectual Property Protection Agreements, Policies (Nondisclosure Agreements, Proprietary Information and Invention Assignment Agreements, Trade Secret Protection Policies, and Brand Image Policies)
• Employment Agreements, Consulting/Advisory Agreements
• Company Formation Documents (Operating Agreements for LLCs, Bylaws for corporations, Organizational Consents, Shareholder and Buy/Sell Agreements)
• Partnership Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Management Agreements
• Supply Chain Agreements (Procurement, Manufacturing, Supply and Distribution)
• Disposition Agreements (Asset Purchase; Stock Purchase; Mergers & Acquisitions)
• Business Visas and Immigration (H-1B, TN, E-2, L and EB categories) and Family-Based Immigration (Marriage to US Citizen, Adjustment of Status, Permanent Residency, Green Card, Citizenship)
My professional experience includes my current solo practice as an attorney/business advisor, and also includes in-house work for an integrated consumer electronics company in the Bay Area, and more than six years as an Associate (Emerging Companies Practice Group) with an international AmLaw 100 law firm. I have maintained State Bar licensure (in good standing) since my admittance in 2003, and would be happy to provide my complete resume and verification of my credentials upon request.
(I am new to oDesk, and am thus offering a reduced hourly rate.)