Professional Writer and Consultant
Last active: 02/26/2014
My experience includes but isn’t limited to:
- Blog writing for a variety of topics such as business, home, religion, food, travel, and telecommuting.
- Writing and editing for magazines, journals, and newspapers
- Utilizing given SEO keywords and links
- Editing articles and blog posts
- Business writing consultations, teaching your team how to write engaging content that utilizes smooth transitions and catchy syntax.
- Public Relations and Copywriting
Please visit my freelance writing site: http://www.melissakweaver.com to learn more about my writing services.
Currently, I am full-time freelance writer for over five publications/companies.
My background consists of:
- Master’s degree in Teaching English from USC
- California State Single Subject English Credential
- Bachelor of Arts in Journalism
- Minor in Biblical Studies
- 7 years of writing and editing experience
Both my writing experience and education have given me the opportunity to work with a variety of clients on Odesk, taking expert ideas and content and translating them into engaging, informative, and audience-targeted writing.
While I thrive on the challenging and creative process of generating content independently, I value collaboration, and seek to centralize every project so it continually points to the client’s vision.
Though my space is limited, I am excited to learn about new projects and welcome you to contact me to see if your project would be the right fit for both of us.
To best serve your project I offer: *
- FAST TURNAROUND: Excluding holidays, occasional planned vacations, and some weekends I have a 24-hour maximum response rate where I will respond with a brief interview accessing the scope of your project, which may continue with a project evaluation form if we decide to proceed.
- DETAILED COMMUNICATION: I’m comfortable with Skype interviews or trial articles as a means of ensuring the project will be mutually beneficial.
- EFFICIENCY: I generally research, write, and edit 400-600 word articles in approximately 1-2 hours, depending on the scope of the content.
- QUALITY: I seek to find original research, fresh content, and triple check my work to ensure you have minimal editing.
- FREE REVISIONS: I can do reasonable revisions free of charge generally within 24 hours of receiving them. However, conditions can vary depending on number of revisions and length of time spent to revise.
- NEGOTIATION: I seek to establish a price we both find fair. $13.33 is a minimum rate, the price may be adjusted/negotiated during your project evaluation.
Feel free to message me if you feel your project is the right fit. I look forward to working with you.
*Policies are a guideline and are subject to change. Please ask for current policies during our project consultation.