Espen Lockert Høy Malling
Digital communicator helping NGOs engage their audiences online
Last active: 1 day ago
For instance, I offer:
(1) Planning of strategy and goals for the communication and marketing approach in coordination with extensive knowledge about the target market.
(2) Engagement of the target market through not least the production of sharp and relevant content and copy for websites, social media platforms, e-mails, ads, and so on.
(3) Effectiveness evaluation and optimization of the communication and marketing approach based on continuous monitoring and testing.
Key Skills - communication, IT, and research:
(1) Strong written and verbal capacities; full professional proficiency in the English language.
(2) Concrete skills and professional experience in the planning and production of inbound and outbound marketing and PR – relatedly, I am, for example, strong in both content creation and copywriting.
(3) Theoretical knowledge and analytical experience concerning human psychology and meaning making in relation to linguistic communication in general along with special kinds of linguistic communication – for example, aspects of intercultural understanding and the strategic communication used by political actors.
(4) General aptitude for the use of IT and a competent user of, for instance, text-oriented software, such as Evernote, Byword, and Scrivener.
(5) Skilled in the use of social media for marketing purposes and in various aspects of website building and management (not least through the CMS Wordpress).
(6) In addition to proficiency in both qualitative (e.g., interview-based) and quantitative (e.g., experiment-based) methods as such, I am confident with software tools for web analytics (e.g., Google Analytics), web-based research (e.g., SocialSci.com), and data organization, analysis, and visualization (e.g., the R programming language).
Some professional highlights:
(1) Independently developed and executed the promotional work for the master's program in Anthropology of Health at Aarhus University. I gave the program a sharper profile and a generally higher visibility by organizing information meetings, authoring and designing brochures, and by publishing ads.
(2) Coordinated the branding and promotion of a student bar through, not least, online social media, including a dedicated Facebook page. Turned the concept into a large well-organized event, which was evident from, e.g., quickly rising visitor numbers, a growing monthly turnover, and much positive feedback.
(3) In relation to a four year gig as research assistant at Aarhus University Hospital, I contributed directly to the outcome of a research project on long-term stress conditions by drawing on both academic knowledge and my research skills.