Customer Svc/Medical Billing and Posting/Admin support
I have 27 years medical office experience in billing, customer service and payment posting and have experience in doing this both in-office and also from home.
I want to use my numerous years of Customer Service skills and experience as well as my familiarity with various Office based programs to help you.
My skills include:
• Type 60 wpm.
• Experience with a variety of Windows-based systems: Excel, Word, Wordperfect.
• Excellent communication skills. I enjoy dealing with customers on the phone and in person.
• Experience with various office machinery, including multiline phone systems.
• Self-motivated and a quick learner.
• Excellent organizational and research skills.
• Recently finished a project as writer and content editor for a commemorative publication.
* Experience with Transcription, transcribing podcasts for the hearing impaired as well as running the transcription departments tracking assignments and keeping track of the finished product and its consistency to the corporate standard.
• Recipient of national service and arts awards.
• Past board member of IndyChoruses – a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization where I created and implemented audience surveys, email and mail fund-raising mailings and spreadsheets to track them, was Secretary for one term and vice-president for another term; past officer of The Indianapolis Women’s Chorus and current section leader.
• Experience billing cardiology, DMEPOS, family practice, hospital, infusion therapy, laboratory, pathology.
• Extensive knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare HMOs and their requirements, plus most commercial payors; including Aetna, BCBS, Cigna, Humana, etc.
• CPT, HIPAA, ICD9, PQRI, Revenue Codes, manual billing and coding/crosswalking of the new consult E/M codes.