Proof-Reader and Copywriter
Last active: 2 days ago
Currently studying for an MA in English at the University of Hull (after receiving a 2:1 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Drama and English there in 2014), I am looking for work in the following fields:
- Editing articles
- Proofreading documents or ebooks
- Writing short articles
Whilst I am incredibly able at juggling numerous different tasks at any time, I am still a very sociable character, with a very infectious laugh, and a great sense of humour... Well, if laughing at your own jokes in an otherwise silent room constitutes as a ‘great sense of humour’, then yes, I have a ‘great sense of humour’. I am dedicated and easy to work with, and I feel that trust and communication are the two most important factors when working with clients - that's great news for the both of us.
I have experience in:
Past editing and proof-reading:
- 2 years' worth of experience in editing articles for a small newspaper in the North of England. This includes proof-reading, editing for grammar, spelling and punctuation, and cutting articles down to suit smaller word-counts.
- 4 years' worth of experience in editing and proof-reading other academic essays, including highlighting suggestions for changes to grammar, spelling and punctuation, as well as reorganising content to improve the flow and overall structure of the writing.
Writing and copywriting:
- 4 years' worth of experience in writing academic essays, which has developed my research skills, as well as my ability to write coherently, concisely and to deadlines and word-counts (ranging from 1,500 words to 30,000 words).
- 2 years' worth of experience in writing copy for advertisement posters, mainly advertising radio shows, theatre productions and TV shows.
- 3 years' worth of experience in writing articles for a small newspaper in the North of England, on a variety of different topics, from Arts to Politics (ranging from 200 words to 600 words).
- 2 years' worth of experience in writing snappy article headlines to both inform and encourage readers to read articles.
- 1 years' worth of experience in managing the newspaper's social media account, and writing persuasive copy on social media posts to achieve more views on online articles.
- 1 year's worth of experience in laying out a 24 page magazine using Adobe InDesign.
- Producing large-scale advertising material, including an interview backdrop (2m by 1.5m) and printed banner (2.4m by 0.6m).
- Creating publicity material for one of Hull University's main-house theatre Productions, including poster designs, flyer designs and programme design.
- Creating logos for Hull University Union's Raising and Giving committee.
And I am also competent with:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Word
Thank you for your time. Feel free to check out my portfolio online at sarahbarradell.wordpress.com.