CPA and Python, C++, and PHP programmer
Last active: 10/21/2013
WHO I AM:
I'm a unique professional with experience and a proven track record in two areas of expertise: accounting and programming. In the realm of accounting,
I'm a Certified Public Accountant with 10+ years of Fortune 500 audit and risk management advisory services experience and 4+ years of experience as a C-level Enterprise Risk Management executive. In the realm of programming, I have 10+ years of experience as both an amateur and a professional programmer, successfully designing, developing, and maintaining a web-based world-class derivative valuation and risk management information system. I am a native Californian and english speaker based in San Francisco, CA.
WHAT I OFFER:
I offer two strong benefits for oDesk clients:
1. I am a self-starter, a problem-solver, and a professional. I will not need to be spoon-fed lengthy descriptions of tasks and expected results. As my client, you can describe in general terms what you are looking for, and I can think on my own to fill in the gaps. I have spent my career working in faced-paced environments where goals are general and quick, quality results are expected. Many projects are not well defined and as a result many resources lack the initiative to deliver quality results. I am also just as happy to take detailed directions, if that is your preference.
2. If your industry involves business-oriented services and/or applications, I can offer more than just programming and development services. I can also consult on finance and accounting matters and/or bring my expertise in this area to bear on program design and application. My background in this regard is unique and not commonly available, developed over a period of 20+ years as an amateur programmer on nights and weekends going back to my childhood.
THE DETAILS OF MY PROGRAMMING SERVICES:
* Back-end applications and scripts using Python and C++98
* Basic web design and coding in HTML and CSS
* Inter-process communication using Advanced Message Queue Protocol
* MySQL database configuration, integration, and maintenance
* Linux operating systems (Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat, ClearOS)
* Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS, VPC) and Windows Azure IaaS and PaaS products
* Basic network configuration and system administration
* Physical server design, procurement, configuration, installation, and maintenance