Desktop Support Engineer
Last active: 2 months ago
Responsibilities are as follow:
• Manage user accounts via Active Directory
• Create/Update of Desktop Asset inventory
• Create/Update IT Troubleshooting Knowledge base
• Install and maintain client tools and web-based apps used by reps in taking calls
• Deploy, assemble, and configure workstations
• Troubleshoot Printer and workstation network connectivity
• Provide support to end-user with regards to hardware or software issue
• Hardening of Desktop Infrastructure in compliance with PCI-DSS audit
• Managing Kaspersky Antivirus updates for workstations via Kaspersky Security Console
• Performs monthly data backups via Symantec Backup Exec
• Conducts Daily Health Check before production starts to ensure all tools and workstations are fully operational
• Regularly monitor internal and external network connectivity.
• Performs structured cabling on Data Centers/Server Rooms
• Monitor and generate report of CPU/Bandwidth Utilization of network devices via Solarwinds syslogs and MRTG
• Raise trouble ticket for WAN connectivity issue.
• Creates documentation for any changes in the topology.
• Manages IP Address availability via SolarWinds
• Manages call routing of local IP Phones through Avaya IP Office 500
• Keeps monthly backups of configuration for network switches, routers and firewalls
• Keep records and update switchport allocations/availability per network devices
• Deploy, configure, and troubleshoot Avaya L2 and L3 network switches, WatchGuard Firewall and Avaya IP Phones, and WAN Router for our client
• Participate in on call rotation, major incidents and postmortems.
• Upgrade of Firmware for network devices
• Creation/Modification of Firewall Policies
• Inventory Avaya IP Phones and creation of local extensions via Avaya IP Office Manager
• Manage and maintain LAN/WAN Network Infrastructure as well as Network Camera Infrastructure
• Hardening of Network Infrastructure in compliance with PCI-DSS audit
• Performs Monthly Link and Hardware Failover for Routers, Firewalls and Core Switches
• Review network performance and plan for technological refresh, cater network redundancy and future network expansion