Writer, Editor, Owner of Jetpack Media, VP Marketing ZenFri Inc.
Last active: 12/25/2013
Dougald Lamont has a track record of providing exceptional PR, marketing and strategic communications advice to clients, who ranging form small business to large corporations, political parties and non-profits.
He has been writing professionally for over 20 years, as a copywriter, editor, journalist, speechwriter and humorist. In addition to placing stories in media markets across Canada for clients, he has helped secure over $2-million in combined funds for projects that range from a gala celebrating the Golden Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II to securing funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation for a Conference on HIV/AIDS, to nearly $1-million in funding for a Winnipeg video game start-up company.
Lamont is also an independent artist, doing his own creative work as a musician, writer and filmmaker. He has written two books for young readers, “The Jinx” and “Three Dreams Deep”; produced a documentary that aired on CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada. In November, 2011, author and Daily Show correspondent John Hodgman named Lamont an expert in “Many Worlds Theory” in his book “That is All.”
Owner of a full-service ad agency and communications consultancy specializing in strategic communications and public relations.
• ZenFri Inc. Provided marketing and public relations support, design and strategic communications advice for this transmedia start-up. Secured $250,000+ in Canadian Media Fund (CMF) funding for the development of their groundbreaking augmented reality game for mobile, Clandestine Anomaly. Assisted in securing a further $20,000+ in funding from MITACS to fund R & D related to the project.
• As co-writer and co-editor of grant applications, helped secure $850,000 in funding for the International Centre for Infectious Diseases (ICID) for two major projects. Developed and executed a national communications strategy for an ICID’s co-venture with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, a national campaign & tour promoting emergency preparedness for small businesses in the event of an influenza epidemic.
• Created a viral video campaign and website, Incredibly Cool, for Destination Winnipeg. The site earned national media coverage and the videos over 250,000 views.
• 2008 - Liberal Party of Canada (Manitoba) - Special Campaign Advisor. Provided policy and communications support to 14 federal campaigns in Manitoba, including writing speeches, writing and issuing press releases, design services and updates to websites. Also provided support to the Leader's tour national tour.
• 2007 Provided Services to the Manitoba Liberal Party during the 2007 Provincial Election Oversaw the platform development, print, radio and TV advertising for the Manitoba Liberal Party in its 2007 election campaign. Also provided strategic communications support and advice, including writing press releases and speeches and providing rapid-response media releases.
• In 2006, independently produced “Spongee: Checks Lies and Videotape” a documentary that aired on a special edition of CBC’s flagship sports program, Hockey Day in Canada.