Systems Admin/Database Admin/Network
Last active: 2 months ago
BARRY PHILLIP GOLDBERG
Expertise and Knowledge
- File and Disk Recovery - Virus Scan
- Microsoft CRM - NT Servers (Exchange, SQL, Trx, Term)
- Mac OS - Linux
- Microsoft Access
- Pervasive - Web Infrastructure
- ADO, ODBC, OLEDB. - Microsoft Query
- Project Management (controls, sched, budget)
- HTML - COBOL
- Primavera - SQL
- Microsoft Project - Visio
- Troubleshoot - Installation and Implementation
- Microsoft Office - Accounting (Macola, MAS90, ACC)
- Crystal Reports & Informix - TCPIP
- DECNET - Web Network
- Quickbooks - MAC osx
- Photoshop - HTML
- Macola - MS Office (excel, wrd, access)
- Various Open Source Erp & CRM Systems (Sugar, Vtiger, Compier
Summary of Experience/Projects
- Exchange and outlook.
- Voice over IP
- LAN/WAN, Configure and Setup. Manage
- Created cross platform communications; Novel, NT, Unix, and VAX, for live data transfers for National sales staff.
- Created automation of data exchange.
- Configure and maintain MACOLA Systems. Created system controls for tracking
- Create Web Servers, subsections of Web sites using HTML, Frontpage (Asp), Streaming Servers. Create web pages to access online databases using MSAccess web pages, Frontpage, etc.
- Setup system securities; firewalls, virus protections, spyware protection, internal policies, Email filters, and monitored incoming communications for possible intrusions.
- Managed Hardware such as PC's, Network switches, Firewalls, Network Storage, etc.
- Designed disaster prevention and recovery procedures. Implemented new backup systems, drive mirrors, server duplications, data integrity testing. Tested applications for drive recovery. Tested network performance
- Implemented Disaster prevention measures.
- Redesigned Databases. Created maintenance routines using MSAccess, SQL, object oriented interfaces (various), and VB.
- Setup and managed servers. Including Exchange, SQL, Domain, Active Directory.
Manage private contracts with 2 Medical Clinics, Expert Witness Firm, Custom Cabinet Manufacturer, and several small businesses. Fix databases, create reports, manage licenses, web access and security.
Design systems automate updates, maintenance routines, and train users on recovery. Estimate necessary onsite time, and establish costs accordingly. Estimate time, cost and feasibility of projects that clients request. Establish monthly billing and scope of work. Setup servers, networks, and applications.
Implement accounting systems, and billing systems. Address issues and errors. Setup security and disaster recovery systems.
Multiple Projects disaster recovery projects. Recover data and documents from Servers, Work Stations, and Notebooks. Assess IS environment, document recommendations for changes. Implement approved changes. Create custom reports, Analyze Databases for possible changes or additions.
1/09 --12/09: ABF Fulfilment (Out of business)
• automate data acquisition for processing client data
Automate data stream cleanup and preparation of data and shipments
Setup network and train users in MS Office applications as well as any other company applications
Assess Company business needs and creating innovative approaches, implementing technology in complement to conventional methods.
Working with staff in developing marketing/sales campaign to reverse an extensive reduction in business.
06/01-09/03: Simpson & Simpson Los Angeles, Ca.
Systems Analyst/Contract work.
Design and manage databases, servers and networks. Create stable, secure, and optimal environment for the client or project. Created and managed Project Schedules for construction support. Maintain Work Breakdown Structures while interfacing specific schedules from contractors with master schedules.
Worked on Project Controls. Scheduled and Tracked Construction projects. Planned and designed new implementation of hardware and software. Responsible for new acquisition justifications.
11/91-06/01: Pacifica Services, Inc. Pasadena, Ca.
IS Manager/Project Management: IS
Manage IT department for multiple sites. Responsible for assessing, planning, and implementing all IT changes and enhancements. Schedule, Budget and track any and all IT projects. Including client and remote offices. Optimize, configure, install, update and manage all hardware, software, operating systems.
Converted entire company from mainframe over to NT network
Designed and managed entire IS department infrastructure, including remote offices. Selected Hardware and Software. Created and managed communications between systems and offices.
Managed multiple platforms, Databases (pervasive, SQL).
Responsibilities also included insuring the compatibility between Operating Systems, Software, Hardware, Middleware, Network, Security, and Backup systems.