Java J2EE developer, Mail Server Admin
Last active: 04/09/2014
Current Employment details:-
• Currently working as J2EE developer (1.5 years exp.), Mail Server admin in Walking Dreamz Web and software Solution, Indore since July-2012.
• Secured 75.7 % in B.E. (Hons.) in Information Technology from LNCT Bhopal 2008-2012 batch.
• 2nd rank in block in 12th (H.S.S.C.) maths stream with 87.11 % from MP board 2007 batch Bhopal.
• 71.6 % in 10th (H.S.C.) from MP Board 2005 batch Bhopal.
• Hands on experience in JDBC, Java Mail, J2EE, Servlets, JSP, JSF and core-Java like Multithreading, Socket, Swing, AWT etc.
• Experience in Setting & configuring Mail Server in GNU-Linux system using Apache James, Postfix & Courier-IMAP SSL servers.
• Expertise in writing custom Mailet’s, SMTP hooks & Matchers through Apache Mailet API for Spam/junk filtering, SMTP-AUTH, shared IMAP access, blacklist-whitelist management etc.
• Experience in creating CMS using Java & DB2.
• Expertise in writing Database clients using JDBC, SQL-PLSQL for various Databases like DB2, Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server etc.
• Databases: - Sound knowledge in JDBC, SQL. Experience in using DB2 9.7, MySQL 5.3 Oracle XE.
• Experience in using following mail Servers: - Postfix, Courier (IMAP & POP3), Dovecot, James v-3. Sound knowledge of creating mail client with Java-Mail API.
• Experience in using JBoss, Web Sphere, Tomcat and Glassfish as Application Server.
• Knowledge of UML & its tools like IBM Lotus symphony.
• Experience in using IDE tools like RAD, Eclipse & Netbeans.
• Experience in using Linux environment like Fedora, Open SUSE, and Ubuntu etc.
Enterprise Exchange Server:-
• Domain & Scope: - Messaging domain. Scope is limited to registered users only.
• Duration:- Since 01-07-2013
• Role: - Worked as J2EE developer, front end developed in Java Server Faces, Servlets and backend was designed using DB2 9.7- JDBC & SQLJ.
• Environment: - Fedora Linux 17, JRE 1.7(Java 7).
• Tools: - Apache James Enterprise Server v2.3.2 & v3.0, James Mailet API, Java Mail API, DB2 database server, JDBC 4.0 API, eclipse J2EE IDE.
• Description: - The main aim of this project is to setup a standalone reliable, stable and fast enterprise exchange server that is scalable to millions of users from different domains with maximum up to 10 million messages per day. Other requirements are that it must have a smart spam & junk filtering mechanism, Must have high security features with self & user data protection against hijacks. Server supports IMAPS, SMTPS, and POP3S protocols with user defined mail box, mechanisms and filters. Other requirements are that it must integrate with other email clients like outlook, thunderbird, opera etc., provide encrypted connection with POP, & IMAP secure access to mailbox. Performance must be same & must be independent of number of users, network traffic load and other critical conditions.
• Responsibilities: - Responsible for the complete server setup including Fedora OS, MySQL database server, SMTP, IMAP server and webserver. Design the whole system including Java API for starting & stopping the exchange server, provide the spam filtering mechanism using James mailer & Mailet API. Also helped other team members to develop email clients in EJB, & Struts framework.
Java email client:-
• Domain and scope :-Provides only IMAP,SMTP secured access to users mail account, Managing user cardinals, signup for new account is out of scope of this project.
• Duration: - From February 2013 to May 2013.
• Role & Responsibilities: - Worked as Java developer.
• Environment: - Developed on Fedora 15. Pure Java written, works with JRE 1.7 & later only.
• Tools: - DB2 express-C 9.7, Java Mail API v 1.4, JDBC 4.0 API, eclipse IDE.
• Description: - This project is designed to provide offline access to emails & giving a common desktop application for managing different email accounts of a person, which removes the burden of accessing each account separately. This project also allows the users to read their emails offline means users can see the messages even if they are deleted from server by mistake. Additionally it provides various general facilities such as sending messages, files & HTML messages, searching & sorting of messages, creating & managing custom mail boxes at Mail Server.