Java SE and Android Developer
Last active: 16 hours ago
Hello, my name is Aleksandr Pantiukhov.
I am a Java/Android/Clojure/whatever-is-needed software engineer with big experience in developing big and awesome mobile applications, web applications for mobile and desktop, developing UI and creating web servers for your mobile applications (using Java, Clojure and Ruby on Rails).
My number #1 goal is to meet your needs and deadline. When working on a new project, I like to speak with the client, so that I can have a clear understanding of his/her needs and vision of the project. I'm honest and fair.
I have my personal website with some works and information about me: http://alwx.me
Since 2011 I've created a bunch of different Android applications for different comanies (mostly in Russia). But I am also good in web development and here's a grap-bag of interesting things I've done:
1) I came 1st in Clojure Cup 2013 (not alone but with my teammates);
2) I, as a part of small team, created a small, but useful service called CodeNotes (http://codenotes.me/), that may be interesting for developers who don’t need such monster as, for example, JIRA to control issues. And I've used such a nice language as Clojure to build it;
3) I've read some Android and Clojure courses for my colleagues;
4) I’m the first developer who have created a game for Google Chromecast device (with Android integration);
5) … and I also created my own restaurant that participated at Restaurant Day in Saint Petersburg, Russia (it is not a fact about my programming experience, I know, but I think it is interesting enough).
I have a Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering from Saint-Petersburg State Technical University. I've listed my experience and skills below:
— Android (2.x & 4.x): Fragments API, Location and Sensors API, SQLite, UI, Services, Google Play Services, Action Bar Sherlock, Parse.com, admob, etc;
— Java SE: Java Core, Multithreading, Collections API, Functional programming in Java 8, etc;
— Clojure: core, core.async, clojure-android; Clojure for Web, ClojureScript;
— Frameworks: Eclipse RCP, JUnit;
— Ruby on Rails (including a whole bunch of libraries), Core Ruby;
— IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, Android Studio, Eclipse;
— OS: Mac OS X, Linux;
— VCS: Git, Mercurial, SVN;
— Bug/Issue trackers: Jira, YouTrack, Redmine;
— SQL, MongoDB, Datomic.