Business Intelligence Professional
Last active: 1 month ago
About 8 years of overall experience which includes 3 End to End implementations and involved with every phase of the life cycle development, including feasibility studies, design, and coding for large and medium business intelligence projects. Acquired over the years a comprehensive understanding of database design and methodology from multiple perspectives (user, designer, and developer) and has hands-on experience in designing, developing, and implementing Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL) techniques on multiple database platforms and operating system environments using today's cutting edge technology.
Multi-certified technology professional with experience in development of Microsoft SQL Server 7.0/2000/2005/2008/2008R2/2012, MySQL, Sybase and Progress DBs. Strong background in data modelling, T-SQL, ETL,EDI integration/development and database design. Experience with data warehouse design, implementation, maintenance and user support.
• Good experience with SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2008R2, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services) and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) and writing MDX queries.
• Expert level skills on T-SQL and query optimization, developing ETL strategies using SSIS, Database designing using SQL Server 2000/2005/2008.
• Logical and physical data modelling: Experience in creating a logical model of the Data Warehouse and generate Code to Extract, Transform and load the Data into the Data warehouse using an various ETL tool MS SSIS 2008.
• Expertise in ETL processes using MS SSIS
• Excellent knowledge on conducting user requirements gathering with high profile business stakeholders.
• Strong knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and Dimensional modelling like Star and Snowflake Schemas.
• Excellent experience and knowledge on Tableau Reporting Tool.
• Handled the migration of few databases from 2000- SQL 2005 using SSIS packages. Since some packages would not work as in on SQL 2005, had to rewrite/modify some of the packages. To know the existing functionality, often have to peek into DTS Package Designer to know the flow.
• Experienced in Normalization, Data Profiling, Data Cleansing, Data migration and Data Integration process.
• Knowledge of Kimball methodology and its use in complete life cycle of DWH development.
• Experience includes the Development and Implementation of Business Intelligence Application; an integrated query, reporting and analytical solutions.
• Good knowledge in Query tuning and resolving performance issues related to reports.
• Sound knowledge of RDBMS concepts, with hands on exposure in the development of relational database environment using T-SQL, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
• Dimensional modeling, identifying facts and declaring grains, choosing dimensions, identifying slowly changing dimensions (SCD)
• Experienced in developing Test Plans, Test Strategies and Test Cases for Data Warehousing projects ensuring the data meets the business requirements.
• Analytical skills ability to investigate and resolve issues in a high-pressured environment.
• Proficient in writing Stored procedures, Packages and functions using SQL & PL/SQL.