Research and Development Mechanical Engineer
Last active: 07/19/2014
Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering, optics, automation controls, robotics, electronics and
semiconductor packaging, as well as material science and material selection in design.
· Highly proficient with PRO/E, Solidworks and AutoCAD, as well as IntraLink, Agile, PDM, ZEMAX, and Labview. Strong grasp of AMSE 14.5M-1994 /ISO, Geometric/Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T).
· Expertise in opto-electronic, opto-mechanical and precision mechanical products development.
· Very experienced with precision mechanical design technology, new products design, sheet metal, tooling and fixture design, as well as production support, packaging development and assembly process.
· Very experienced in the development of various nonmetal parts, including plastic, rubber, glass/ceramic, as well as glass/carbon fiber and composite parts. Familiar with the rapid prototyping and injection molding process.
· Strong knowledge of thermal and stress management, dynamic design and material properties and FEA technology. Excellent at organizing test programs to verify and validate concept designs.
· Very experienced at handling complex device tests, such as high temperature, humidity, vibration and shock tests as well as data analysis.
· Knowledgeable of clean room processes and equipment. Capable of producing prototypes in a shop/lab environment and deeply understands the fabrication methods and manufacturing processes.
· Highly competent in developing and managing project schedules; very experienced in planning and coordinating product testing; frequently prepares formal test procedures and reports for qualification and certification testing of the product. Skilled at assessing the feasibility of projects and generating reports as well as writing validation protocols.
· Very experienced in product ECO and the preparation of production documents for release. Excellent working knowledge in materials and experienced in bill of material (BOM) and budget control.
· Very experienced at working with customers, sales, quality control as well as with manufacturers and production supply chain management.