I'm a statistician/developer who is working as a freelance consultant. I loved puzzles and logic problems as a child and this interest led me to study mathematics seriously as I grew older. I eventually became strong enough to contribute to research and completed a PhD in applied and computational mathematics from Old Dominion University in the US. I have publications in statistics, numerical analysis, and functional analysis. A link to my research is here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8gy9zyfa79x9ebq/AACwBkwaO45K4H4X_P0h8Hf_a?dl=0
I strive for the highest level of professionalism and hold customer satisfaction as my highest priority.
Key competencies include:
• Statistical data analysis using R and Matlab. Techniques include regression analysis (linear, cubic spline, etc), general linear models, distribution fitting (MLE, method of moments, etc), asymptotic estimation, ANOVA and ANCOVA models, time series models, etc.
• Experienced in data structures, databases, and algorithm design/analysis. Solid understanding of a variety of proven design patterns and programming best practices.
• Deep knowledge of mathematical modeling and numerical approximation. Techniques include finite difference methods, finite element methods, collocation methods, interpolation schemes, numerical integration, etc.
• Adept at reading and applying research literature relating to a variety of scientific and engineering disciplines. Excellent at prototyping and extending models from research publications.
• Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to put in whatever effort is necessary to get results. Very driven and comfortable immersing myself in technical challenges.
• Team player who understands that technical competence is only one component of success. Strong interpersonal skills and easy to get along with.
• Native English speaker (American citizen).