Hello, I am a Data Analyst with 5+ years professional experience with a background in scientific research including publishing peer-reviewed papers. I have BSc (1st class honours) in Geographical Information Systems and Science.
I am most interested in contracts that would take advantage of my R skills for data analysis and visualisation. Including: geospatial analysis, statistical modelling, data mining or building shiny data apps.
A summary of my skills and experience:
- Diverse types of research including geospatial analysis, statistical modelling, image analysis, GIS.
- Daily use of R with experience of packages such as: dplyr, ggplot2, caret, sp, rgdal, gstat.
- Developing interactive data tools using R’s ‘Shiny’ framework
- Also have experience scripting in Python and SQL
- Linear regression, principal component analysis, t-tests.
- Machine learning algorithms (random forest, neural networks)
- Cluster Analysis (unsupervised classification)
- Non-parametric significance testing (monte-carlo simulations)
- Geo-statistical Interpolation (kriging)
- Image Analysis: Object-based image segmentation
- Textural analysis for pattern recognition
- Working with PostgreSQL/postGIS databases
- Software: ESRI ArcGIS; Erdas Image; GRASS; QGIS; eCognition; SPSS.