Priyanka S Kulkarni
Legal Expert with more than 6 years PQE/ Legal Counsel/Solicitor of E
Last active: 6 months ago
I am an alumnus of King's College London (LL.M. with merit class in 2007-08). I am a qualified lawyer in India (since July, 2007) and have post qualification experience of 6 years in Intellectual Property Laws for India, USA and UK territories. I am also enrolled as a Solicitor of England and Wales (Non- Practicing). I hold diploma in “Comparative Cyber Laws” from Asian School of Cyber Laws in association with ILS Law College, Pune.
I have assisted in editing a book i.e. 'Divekar on Deeds and Documents, which is considered as an authority on Conveyance. I have worked with topmost Attorneys and Solicitors, including late Mr. Tehemtan N. Daruwalla (Senior IP Attorney and Solicitor, Mumbai), and assisted them on various matters. I have also been in the Legal team of Tata Consultancy Services Ltd. (a multinational company of repute), where I handled a dual profile i.e. Intellectual Property (Global) and Contract Management (Global). Currently, I have my independent practice in Mumbai and Pune with office in Pune , India and associations in USA and Singapore.
Drafting, negotiating and vetting agreements for UK, USA and Singapore territories:
• Real Estate related agreements: Lease Deeds, Sale Deeds, Development Agreements and Facilities agreements (including but not limited to Leases for Passport Seva Kendra and IPL match -Hospitality Box Allotment etc.), Trust Deeds, Gift Deeds, Leave and License, Letter of Intent, Interior work and amenities agreement, Tenancy Agreement (Singapore) etc.
• Software related agreements: Master Service Agreements and Statement of Works (including agreements with sub-contractors), Software maintenance and services agreement, Software services supply and maintenance, Vendor Agreements, Consultancy and service agreements, Non disclosure agreements (mutual and unilateral), Professional service agreements, Site license agreements and addendums, Teaming agreements, Master partner agreement, Software user license, Consultant’s non-disclosure, Research and development etc.
• Intellectual Property related agreements: Trademarks, Copyright and Patent licensing & assignments, Know-how assignment, Non disclosure agreements, Assignment of rights in invention, Assignment of business with good-will, Source code, Employee’s non-disclosure, Consultancy, Publishing, Recording, Artists, Animation agreements and online teaching / training apps related agreements etc..
• Other agreements: Audit engagement letters, TCS operations contract agreement, Service level agreements, Power of attorneys, Employment agreement, Addendums and Agreement of reference to arbitration.
Intellectual Property (corporate and litigation):
• Drafting Legal Opinions, policies and notices (including Cease and Desist notices)for various companies including Software and Recording companies;
• Registration of Trademarks, Copyrights and Designs;
• Drafting and appearing in Opposition and Rectification proceedings before Trade Marks Registry;
• Assisting counsels in the High Court, Consumer Court and IPAB;
• Advising on various legal queries related to Trademarks, Copyright, Designs and Software;
• Preparing pleadings to be filed before various authorities and High Court and appearing before these authorities;
• Conducting Intellectual Property Due Diligence for various companies in India and UK;
• Assignment and licensing of IP rights.
• Drafting notices, reply to the notices, plaints, written statements, rejoinders, sur-rejoinders in civil matters (including but not limited to banking, breach of contract, consumer and service related matters);
• Appearing before various authorities including Consumer Court and High Court.