Part-Time CFO & Controller
Last active: 04/17/2013
I am an accomplished accounting and financial professional with more than 15 years of experience working primarily with small businesses, associations and nonprofits.
I have served as a senior level executive holding various positions including CFO, Vice President, Treasurer, Director of Accounting, Director of Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions, Program Control/Internal Auditor and various Controllerships. In those capacities, I have effectively managed the responsibilities that accompany those positions at trade associations, nonprofit foundations, professional consulting firms and in the software, technology, healthcare, retail and government contracting sectors.
Below are some additional qualifications and accomplishments:
• Specialize in applying “best practices” in all aspects of the accounting cycle to small and medium size businesses, nonprofit organizations and trade associations. These practices were learned by having worked for and with more than 75 small to mid-sized organizations.
• Dozens of accounting conversions from cash-based to accrual-based accounting in accordance with GAAP.
• Designed extensive budget for trade association covering all revenues and operational expenses and detailed budgets for all events based on historical expenses and attendance.
• Responsible for all financial report preparation, analysis and presentation of the results and accompanied analytics to executive management and Board of Directors.
• Authored, with Board approval, a full cycle accounting polices and procedures manual.
• Advanced knowledge of revenue recognition including SOP 97-2, 98-9, 81-1, SAB 104 and financial reporting including FAS 116 and 117 for nonprofits 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations.
• A Certified QuickBooks User and extensive hands on experience with MAS 90, MAS 200, Microsoft Dynamics GP, PeachTree, Oracle Financials, PeopleSoft and various other accounting software packages. Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Trade Associations • Non-Profit Organizations • Small Businesses • Professional Associations • Financial Reporting & Analysis • Policies & Procedures • Forecasting & Budgeting • Cash & Treasury Functions • Audits • Business Productivity & Performance Improvement • GAAP • M&A • Due Diligence • Acquisition Integration • Risk & Internal Controls • Business Turnaround • Leadership & Strategic Planning • Accounting Systems & System Implementation