Thank you for reviewing my oDesk resume.
I specialize in managing outsourced projects from start to end. I have over 20 years of experience in the IT Outsourcing industry, beginning with programming, progressing to project management and finally business analysis.
Apart from general software development, I am an expert in BACnet configuration and programming and SAML2 single signon systems.
My expertize includes technical documentation:
Functional Specification, Software Requirement Specification, Software Design Specification, Project Plan, Test Plan, Workflow Design and Analysis, etc. I am also an expert in drawing up Statements of Work (SOW) and Contracts/Agreements.
As a long-time programmer, I have expertize in various programming and scripting languages, allowing me to manage both desktop applications and web development for commercial, engineering and cad/cam applications.
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- Functional Specification
- Software Requirement Specification
- Software Design Specification
- Project Plan
- Test Plans/TestCases/Acceptance Criteria
- Workflow Design and Analysis
- VB6, C++, C#, .NET
- FileMaker Pro
- SQL (MS-Access, MS-SQL, mySQL)
- Joomla, Drupal and other CMS systems
- Web 2.0, PHP, Perl, HTML, AJAX, ASP
- Dreamweaver, Frontpage, Photoshop, etc.
- Legacy languages: Cobol, Fortran, Pascal, PL/1, RPG, Assembler, dBase
- Healthcare in the United States (EMR, PM, HL7, HIPAA, etc.)
- E-Commerce for various industries
- Education (online teaching and school management)
MAXIMIZING THE OFFSHORE ADVANTAGE:
I have tried and tested teams available in India and Pakistan whom I use on all of my projects. Hailing from that part of the world, I am able to leverage my knowledge of their culture and thus get them to work at maximum performance. I *know* what makes them click! The savings of offshore resources are, of course, passed on to you...
I have a 2-tier pricing model. Local UK resources are priced at US$20 to $60 depending upon expertise level, while offshore resources are $10 to $25. The offshore component is generally 80 to 90% of total effort therefore overall rate is closer to $15-$20. That provides you the advantage of low-cost offshore resources without the risk of being burnt by fly-by-night operations.
Thank you for reviewing my resume. I look forward to working for you.