- I provide high quality programming and documentation
- I am comfortable with a wide range of software development environments
- I quickly get up to speed on new technologies
- I am intent on providing excellent customer experience
- I contribute as a strong team player
- VB.Net and VBA
- OO software development
- relational database design
- Arduino programming
- PLC programming
- SCADA/HMI programming
- Microsoft Access
Some of my recent freelancing projects have involved development and testing of:
- C# and VB.Net client programs for Linux-based JSON-oriented web services (including Orion Context Broker and KeyRock Identity Manager), for use in an Internet Of Things project
- a C# program incorporating data validation via JSON Schemas which accesses a RESTful web service (to a ‘Jive Software’ deployment)
- a multi-threaded SMTP protocol proxy program written in VB.Net incorporating TLS encryption
- VB.Net, C#, and LightSwitch front-ends to SQL Server databases.
A sampling of past projects where I held architecture, integration, testing, documentation, and/or primary software development responsibilities:
- Responsible for design, development, testing, deployment, operation, and maintenance of a multi-tenant customer-facing control panel to provide simplified administration capabilities for Exchange and SharePoint to client organizations via SaaS. The control panel has an object-oriented design, and is fully implemented in an ASP.Net environment. It includes load-balanced web server processes, and services running on Exchange and SharePoint servers that interface with the web server processes via SOAP. It utilizes a relational database designed to provide simplicity, performance, and an appropriate degree of normalization. The intuitive user interface enables customers to add/edit/remove user accounts, along with contacts and groups, and to subscribe users to plans that can include various Exchange and SharePoint options. The control panel also supports a Web Services interface to other customer systems.
- Microsoft Access and SQL Server based billing system featuring credit-card gateway integration, and utilizing XML/XSL for generation of HTML invoices.
- Visual Basic application used to assist mission-critical application in notifying distributed workforce (at about 70 different locations) of new urgent work via telephone calls; interfaced with ftp server and multi-line telephony card; provided system monitoring UI.
- Developed system for ID badges including badge creation utilizing a 'WYSIWYG' badge layout editor, and security guard kiosks enabling quick reading of badges' magnetic stripes and displaying of the associated person's photo, via several MS-Windows applications involving serial communication with manufacturer’s proprietary interface, custom device drivers, ODBC database connectivity, Visual Basic custom control integration, and file-based interfaces with other applications. Applications developed with Visual Basic, with drivers written using Visual C++.
- Centralized Waste Storage and Transfer Facility Control System implementation - Facility provides four tanker trucks and four fork-truck-delivered containers with simultaneous access to a variety of processing options for liquid industrial process waste. Served as liaison between internal customer and control system vendor, participating in refinement of customer requirements, system hardware/software design, software development, testing, and maintenance updates. System utilizes 9 Windows PC’s running Intellution Fix DMACS software, a DEC MicroVAX running Fix DMACS plus a set of custom programs written in C, and an Allen-Bradley PLC5 controller, and communicates with an IBM mainframe application via LU6.2. Implemented a Windows-based utility program and dynamic link library (DLL) using Microsoft C, several Visual Basic programs, and a VAX/VMS communications simulator involving DECmessageQ, written in C. This work helped enable the facility to achieve on-time production deployment and successful ongoing operations.
- Super-Plastic Forming Press HMI and Communications Module Implementation -- Replaced existing HMI for A/B PLC5-controlled press, utilizing Windows-based Wonderware InTouch software to provide an intuitive GUI for control of a 1,000 ton press that also heated the work piece to 1,700 degrees F and supplied 1,200 PSI of argon to the interior of the work piece. In addition, re-wrote the communications module software interfacing with the power-factor control subsystem of the press. This work enabled the press to be put into production use for new manufacturing process.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Carnegie Mellon University
- Masters of Science in Computer Science - Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Microsoft Certified Software Developer
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- Certified Agile/Scrum Product Owner