Mobile / Embedded Systems Software Engineer (Specialized in iOS Audio)
Last active: 13 days ago
Joe has spent 5+ years in the DoD Modeling and Simulation field developing real-time solutions for EO/IR and Radar sensor visualization with emphasis on graphics and embedded systems development. He is no stranger to full-scale software development from immersive front end user interface design to application intrinsics. He has parlayed these advanced skills and other artistic passions to apply them to the realm of commercial mobile development and to this end has most recently produced mobile applications involving vendor to client GPS interfacing and real-time audio synthesis and processing.
TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES INCLUDE:
Windows, UNIX, MAC OSX, iOS, Android
Embedded Systems Programming, Full-scale Application Design and Development, Object-oriented Design (OOD),Real-time Hardware Programming and Development, Real-time Graphics Rendering & Shader Composition, Digital Signal Processing (Real- Time Audio Synthesis/Processing, Real-Time Image Processing), OTF Video Capture/Encoding/Formatting/ Streaming, Networking and Real-time Messaging, Immersive Gui Design and Integration, XML, Cross–platform code development, Licensing Design, Project Management, Sales, Training, Technical Documentation
Software Engineer, 2009 to 2014, JRM Technologies
CHIMAERA Real-Time HWIL Scene Generator for Sensor Stimulation
For military applications such as seeker routing algorithm development, CHIMAERA is a highly optimized Image Generation software application with IR sensor capabilities bundled with a finely tuned set of hardware to meet the rigorous demands of a real time application. As project lead for this product I was personally responsible for achieving all task milestones apropos to delivery of the system from inception at contract agreement to customer acceptance and integration with partner projection and flight motion simulation (FMS) systems.
• Spec’d and purchased individual system components
• Successfully managed and implemented movement to 2nd Generation 64-bit Chimaera
• Led and procured signoff on delivery milestones for FAT (Factory Acceptance Testing), CAT (Customer Acceptance Testing), Integration, and System Training both onsite and overseas.
• Personally managed all CHIMAERA software secondary to partner’s proprietary IG code:
o Designed and maintained a comprehensive CIGI (Common Image Generator Interface) Host GUI application for remote control of IG entities, sensor, atmospherics, time of day, view control and scenario creation incorporating use of an xbox 360 controller. GUI was created using Nokia Qt API.
o Wrote command-line applications to control and record image sequences via a hardware FrameGrabber card at nonstandard resolutions up to 200 Hz. Enhanced feature sets of existing MFC Framegrabber applications.
o Developed VMIC reflective memory software interfaces for fiber optic transmission and reception of IG messages.
o Created a windows solution graphics control program to remotely reissue the resolution and frame rate of the IG graphics card using the Nvidia nvapi.
Baseline Graphics Development
Daily programming task involved maintenance and enhancement of our baseline Sensor Simulation SDK including physics engine and image processing engine coupled into a real-time graphics application built with OpenSceneGraph/OpenGL. Notable development and skills included:
• Created a UNIX solution to remotely reissue the resolution and frame rate of the IG graphics card
• Capture graphics frame buffer to video, encode to codec of choice, save to disk or stream over
• Responsible for all maintenance and all new features added to massive multi-panel Qt GUI tightly integrated with the graphics application as new features are added to the baseline by all developers
• Developed ScenarioSDK Crossplatform OSG Graphics library:
o Specialized Camera and Mouse Manipulators for scenario control of 3D rendered environment o Specialized rendering callbacks for various purposes
• Collaborated with a colleague to develop Radar sensor rendering modes such as Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR), Millimeter Wave (MMW) and PPI radar scan display
o Shader composition
o Created HUD (headsupdisplay)
o Hooked up rendering modes for GUI manipulation
• In-depth working knowledge of EO/IR and Radar Band Sensors
• Embedded Systems Engineering
• Real-time Image and Audio Processing
• Mobile Development ( iOS, Android, Windows )
• Visual Studio, XCODE, UNIX Dev environments
• XML Application State Saving
• A plethora of real-time iOS audio applications
• GPS based vendor to client services application
If you read and reference the article in the link below, this will indicate that you as a potential Customer have read my resume overview when sending an interview invitation: