Not your casual freelancer.
Last active: 12 days ago
Warning! This is not some default copy-paste template profile about how professional and great I am and that I'm so good at what I do that I even poop rainbows and sparkles. No, this is real life. Good luck reading.
Hello, my name is Matas, I am a freelancer web dev available for hire via Upwork. I am available for and only work with small businesses and private clients.
- I am not available for your greedy agencies, so stop trying recruiting me. Look for the fools elsewhere.
- I am not available for clients from Middle East or South Asia. No disrespect to those countries, but I got burnt and scammed way too much from those regions.
- I am not available if you don't have a milestone ready, a confirmed payment method, positive feedback and history (this includes Elance and Freelancer).
- I am not available if you don't know what you want. Having a vision is not enough, you're not a psychic.
- I am not available if you can't communicate like a grown adult, answer emails daily or respond to Skype messages.
- I am not available to your made up excuses that you got sick or that you had to take your husbands mothers daughters sons dog to the hospital or any other made up crap as an excuse to the project which I finished 2 weeks ago and you still didn't pay for it.
- I am not available to your stories about how great and talented your kids are, they know Photoshop and other crapola, that you could get someone to get this or that done for cheaper or whatever. I charge only 15$ an hour! This rate is a joke! And it's still too much for you? Stop wasting time then.
- I am not available to make you a 'favor' - we are not friends. And it's not a 'favor' you're looking for, but a free work.
- And I am not available to clean up after your unfinished project which was abandoned by your previous developer. There's gotta be a good reason why he ran away from you.
And remember, my zodiac is Aries and yes, I am stubborn and persistent and aggressive and straight-forward, because when you try to pull off some crap on me - it won't work.
After reading this you might think something like 'woah this guy is a total jerk!'. No, I am not, this comes from my experience gathered throughout the years, lots of clients are just this bad, they look for free or cheap work and how to trick you into their scams.
If you still think I'm bad, just check that Work History on the right with 100% Job Success, a Top Rated ribbon and 5.00 star rating.
Well... You're still reading? Now on topic. I am web developer, I build websites from scratch, I work alone, so I won't build you a network or some app for a big corporation or whatever. I work with small clients only.
I work in both web development and web design. I build websites from scratch or from PSD designs or from static CSS/HTML to a working content management systems. That would be Drupal. Why Drupal and not Wordpress? Because professionals choose Drupal while Wordpress is for kids and hippies.
- Sublime Text
- Web design
- Responsive web
- Maintenance and upgrades
Communications daily via Upwork, email or messaging via Skype. If you can't respond daily, I will work with your assistant. You must know fluent English.
Pretty much it.
I live in Lithuania, Northern Europe. I am 27 years old. Currently trying to work full-time as a freelancer online and it's a hell to succeed with this great variety of 'amazing' clients.
No, I'm not married, I'm in a 6 year relationship. With a woman (just to clear this out). No kids. Nor pets.
I'm pretty boring. I hang on computer 24/7, surf the web, listen to 90s progressive, watch movies. I'm currently reading Frank Herbert's 'Dune', so yeah, I'm a bit into sci-fi. Best TV shows of all time The Sopranos and The Wire.
I don't smoke, I don't drink, I try to workout every other day or so. You know, trying to live a healthy lifestyle.
Oh and I don't eat meat. I'm not a vegetarian! I never said that. So, I don't know, I simply don't eat it.
So yeah, don't forget to hire me or just run away, all scared and screaming like in a horror movie after reading this horrible curriculum vitae.
Thank you for your time.