Media Publishing Design Specialist
Last active: 2 days ago
• Organize and design layout of all pages for the magazine, including the front cover, often to tight monthly deadlines.
• Commission and brief photographers on the style and format of shots required monthly.
• Commission and direct illustrators to produce new media content each month based on set themes and topics.
• Sketch out and design the front cover of the magazine to ensure that it looks distinctive to attract readers.
• Anticipate trends related to the magazine’s readers and set the magazine's overall visual style.
• Ensure that the art elements of the magazine are delivered on time and within budget.
• Develop concepts, graphics, and layouts for product illustrations, company logo, and website.
• Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and font style and size.
WEB CONTENT MANAGEMENT/DESIGN
• Create and design the magazine’s website and online publishing system and amend as needed. Pay close attention to the responses of internal users and external visitors and improve website when necessary.
• Manage online content, accessibility, usability and optimize web content SEO.
• Create content for articles and features online and in the magazine.
• Crosscheck facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, design pages, and photos in magazine publications.
• Reject writing that appears to be plagiarized, ghostwritten by another sub-editor or simply of insufficient interest to the readers of the magazine.
• Edit, produce, and proof read high quality written material.
• Coordinate editorial procedures and maintain editorial standards.
• Read and review published items to ensure highest quality.
• Liaise daily with journalists, writers, freelancers, photographers, models and graphic artists.
• Act as a face of publication during industry events, etc.
• Motivate and develop editorial staff.
• Ensure final draft is complete and no area is left empty.
• Responsible for editorial development schedules, budget and work allocation.
• Handle reader complaints and take responsibility for resulting issues.
• Monitor, listen, and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads, readers, and sales.
SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
• Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
• Design, create, and manage promotions and Facebook ad campaigns.
• Advocate for the magazine in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Implement proactive strategies for capturing reader online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
• Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the business and manage them appropriately.